Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux vs Mares who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite possible Rigondeaux makes Mares looks silly.

Comment

With opinions so far...looks like it would be a pretty good fight. Who needs Top Rank?

Comment

All I feel I need to say is "Defense". The fact that Mares is a aggressive fighter, will leave his a** open for powerful counters by Rigo. The same goes with Donaire against Rigondeaux.
        The talk amoungst trainers is Rigondeaux's defense is the best in boxing. His power and speed are just a bonus to his skills.

Comment

Mares has a strong and chin and can adapt to any style.. Mares by late stoppage!!

Comment

I can't see how Mares will beat Rigo...Rigo by shout out maybe late KO..

Comment

I think Mares outfights him to a decision

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                All I feel I need to say is "Defense". The fact that Mares is a aggressive fighter, will leave his a** open for powerful counters by Rigo. The same goes with Donaire against Rigondeaux.
                The talk amoungst trainers is Rigondeaux's defense is the best in boxing. His power and speed are just a bonus to his skills.
                Rigo's got nice "D," but that title has still got to go to Floyd. Guillermo's biggest problem is his pro inexperience. If he had a chance to gradually climb the ladder against progressively challenging opposition, he'd be able to bring his defense (and offense) up to its ultimate potential. As it is, Donaire is the only guy in the division I think can beat him. Mares loses a decision, and possibly gets stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
                  I don't get this ^^^^ Max Kellerman wouldn't shut up about how Marroquin had a devasting left hook is. Rigo's been hit with all of 2 punches in his career. This fights gonna look like Marquez vs Pacquiao in my opinion except the stances are switched. Still an intelligent boxer counterpunching a fighter who relies on his speed.
                  That validates my opinion even more. You think Rigo can take the type of shots Marquez took in order to land that KO?

Of course I'm not saying Mares has the pop of Pacquiao, but he doesn't have to. Rigo's chin is that fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    With opinions so far...looks like it would be a pretty good fight. Who needs Top Rank?
                    Mares does, considering he's GBP.

Anyway to answer OP's question I think Rigo could SD him. I know Mares would make it as competitive as possible, but I still see Rigo not letting Mares land anything significant, not even his famous low blow.
                    Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                      That validates my opinion even more. You think Rigo can take the type of shots Marquez took in order to land that KO?

Of course I'm not saying Mares has the pop of Pacquiao, but he doesn't have to. Rigo's chin is that fragile.
                      That's the popular thing to say, but I'm not sure I agree. I have to admit that I have my concerns about Rigo's chin, but I believe the jury's still out. Remember, Guillermo doesn't get hit all that much, and he spent years in the amateurs. He might just need to acclimate a little to pro competition.

I was a bit concerned with that Cordoba jab, but Rigo took a couple of hard left hooks from Marroquin and fought on okay. Robert's a good puncher and a big kid, who outweighed Guillermo by a considerable margin on fight night. Whatever the truth about Rigondeaux's chin is, we'll soon have our answer. Donaire is undoubtedly a heavy-hitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X