Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is dawson deserving of a rematch @ 175 if ward moves up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what??? hell NO! dawson was the one that offered to go down to 168, one, and two, ward is eons and eons better than dawson can ever hope to be, and will spank dawson just the same at 175

Comment

Sure why not go beat his ass for the lineal title

Comment

At any weight it's still a mismatch.

Comment

As much as I cant stand Ward. (sorry) I must acknowledge his skill, he is probably the best p4p fighter in the world, drained or not Dawson must earn a rematch. he looked good the first two rounds then he shut down. Dawson did piss poor and does not deserve a rematch anytime soon.

Comment

I voted yes. It would be nice of Ward to give him a shot at 175 if him moves up. Plus Dawson is still the 175 lb. champion so Ward needs to beat him at that weight to become the light heavyweight champ. I don't think Ward did anything wrong the first fight. Dawson challenged him at his weight and he accepted and won the fight. I think a rematch at 175 goes the same way with Ward winning easily. Maybe the extra 7 pounds helps Dawson some and he lasts the full 12 rounds but he still loses. The first loss to Ward may have had a bad effect on him making things even easier for Ward. I picked Dawson to win the first fight but Ward showed me he is a much better fighter than Dawson.

Comment

I believe he does. Although he wasn't made to go down he did & we all saw the result. Dawson is the champ at 175, meaning it's his world up there. If Ward can't stay at 168 for much longer & moves up soon he can't dictate anything. How ever Ward & his team go about the move to 175, (taking a fight or two before Dawson) he's going to have to fight Dawson sooner or later if he wants the belt.

Comment

Dawson is the champ at 175, how else is ward gonna get the championship (assuming Dawson doesn't lose it)

Comment

If Ward does move up to 175 then yeah why not fight Dawson at his weight. I still think Ward beat him at 175 but not as bad.

Comment

beating dawson at 168 was to retain his status as #1 at 168 but it doesnt make him #1 at 175. if he wants to become the best LHW he has to beat the best LHW which is still dawson, and do it at 175. if dawson deserves it or not is irrelevant, if ward wants to be the true champion at 175 he has to beat the true champion at 175.
                    Last edited by #1Assassin; 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X