Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko's Trainer Feels He Will Fight Once Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko's Trainer Feels He Will Fight Once Again

WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41KOs) may still continue his career, according to the boxer's coach Fritz Zdunek. Klitschko has not come out to the ring since September of last year when he stopped Manuel Charr in four rounds. Vitali's mandatory is Canadian puncher Bermane Stiverne (23-1-1, 20KOs). Vitali has yet to make an official decision on his future. The 41-year-old fighter is heavily involved in politics in Ukraine.

[Click Here To Read More]

That article title tho.

Comment

Hopefully we can get a farewell fight atleast. If not, then much respect! He had a hell of a career. Hands down the best heavyweight since prime Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
        Hands down the best heavyweight since prime Mike Tyson.
        Are you serious?? He wouldnt make the top 5 since prime tyson (86-88).

Even old mike (95-96) would have beaten a prime vitali.

Don't get me wrong, he has held a respectable reign and has an excellent (stats) record but you cant say he has been the best in the last 25 years. No chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ukboxingfan1981 View Post

Don't get me wrong, he has held a respectable reign and has an excellent (stats) record but you cant say he has been the best in the last 25 years. No chance.

Comment

Prime Vitali was a fuckin' beast, H2H top 5 heavy of all times IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              ummm no
              Because your avatar and sig scream impartiality.

Mikes power, speed and head movement were all good until the last few years. His durability and stamina (not that it was ever amazing) seriously declined from 95-96 onwards. I'm not saying it would have been a walkover but definitely a close fight.

Tyson from 86-88 puts vitali in a wooden box.

This is, of course, just my opinion

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
              Prime Vitali was a fuckin' beast, H2H top 5 heavy of all times IMO
              I'm curious to hear your top 5 HW ATG's?

Comment

Because your avatar and sig scream impartiality.

Mikes power, speed and head movement were all good until the last few years. His durability and stamina (not that it was ever amazing) seriously declined from 95-96 onwards. I'm not saying it would have been a walkover but definitely a close fight.

Tyson from 86-88 puts vitali in a wooden box.

This is, of course, just my opinion

I'm curious to hear your top 5 HW ATG's?
                I didn't say that he's top 5 ATG, I just said that head to head he would beat most of past greats. In my opinion only Ali and Lennox would've a chance to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  I didn't say that he's top 5 ATG, I just said that head to head he would beat most of past greats. In my opinion only Ali and Lennox would've a chance to beat him
                  Well lennox did (whatever you think of the fight itself) and I dont see the difference in what your saying.

Not top 5 ATG but only 2 (in your opinion) would of had a chance to beat him? So why not top 5 ATG?

You dont think Foreman, Liston, Iron Mike, Frazier even Wlad, could of beaten him?

Comment

Wow, you're really just that stupid, aren't you? If we're talking H2H, as you seem to be, Vitali destroys anyone but Lennox Lewis, and we needed a rematch to determine that for certain. Even resume, Vitali's is greater than anyone, except Lennox, since Ali. Better than Tyson, who was shown to not be the best fighter of his era, and even Holmes, who had more title defenses, but was not remotely as dominant in his wins as VK and was beaten far less controversially than VK in his losses.

Anyway, while unlike moronic, biased haters like this guy, I do respect his dominance and accomplishments, I am rather annoyed at VK. Its getting on to a year since his last defense, the purse bid on Stiverne was supposed to be more than a month ago, and he should have made up his mind already. He needs to have a freakin fight or retire and let someone else have a crack at the title.

Comment

Working...
                    X