No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Andre Ward v. Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: B-Scene Staff Predictions: Andre Ward v. Chad Dawson

Big time boxing is finally back upon us.

Rare is the occasion these days when two lineal champions step into the ring to face one another. The last occurrence was way back in Dec. ’07, when then-welterweight king Floyd Mayweather punched his way to Fighter of the Year honors after scoring a 10th round knockout over then-unbeaten 140 lb. ruler Ricky Hatton.

Four years and nine months later – to the day – the very best at 168 and 175 step to each other in the ring. In an even rarer occurrence these days, light heavyweight kingpin Chad Dawson moves down in weight – adding yet another advantage on top of traveling to Oakland, where he will face hometown favorite and reigning super middleweight champ Andre Ward at the Oracle Arena. [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting picks...

Comment

Ernest - Chad Dawson TKO6? Wth... Bold prediction there. Is there something we dunno about Ward?

Comment

That was surprising. Most of the writers picking Dawson.

I think Ward will win in style. He's looking to make a statement and I figure he'll get it by either a lopsided decision or a late rounds KO.

Comment

Surprised to see the Dawson picks. I have Ward by UD but the fact that quite a few of the boxingscene writers have picked Dawson have made me even more excited to watch this fight.

Comment

Agree with Sukachev's breakdown the most. I think the weight will rear its ugly head, but it won't be noticeable because it'll get mistaken by Dawson just getting physically/mentally worn-down by Ward. Dawson doesn't have a high work-rate anyway, and fighting a guy like Ward will make him more hesitant to let his hands go. Regardless of the reach advantage, this is a winnable fight for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I think Ward will win in style. He's looking to make a statement and I figure he'll get it by either a lopsided decision or a late rounds KO.
              Yea but you don't think Dawson is looking to make a statement himself?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                That was surprising. Most of the writers picking Dawson.

I know Dawson was dropped by Adamek. I forgot who else dropped him.

I don't think he goes down very easily at all.

Comment

I love how this fight has the neighborhood divided...MOST fans are picking Ward while MOST ink layers are picking Dawson....thats what I call a 50-50 fight!!....I got Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    I love how this fight has the neighborhood divided...MOST fans are picking Ward while MOST ink layers are picking Dawson....thats what I call a 50-50 fight!!....I got Dawson

I like Dawson but the weight really bothers me no matter how "buff" he looks.

I figure Ward will be in tip-top shape so Dawson can't take rounds off.

Chad is certainly talented enough to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X