Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the people who say pac's footwork is overrated even know what footwork is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
    The combinations he uses, the angles he creates and exploits, taking a rest when he needs to, turning his opponents, his right hand being effective, being more patient, allowing "resets" instead of just pushing forward from 3:00 to 0:00.

His footwork

Saying that pac is fundamentally the same fighter means you don't know anything about pac. If so, why are you forming an opinion of him?
    it's more footspeed than footwork

footwork is placement and being in position the vast majority of the time. Manny has improved in that aspect and combined with his footspeed it's gotten way better than the days of 122 and 126 but his footwork still has work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
      The combinations he uses, the angles he creates and exploits, taking a rest when he needs to, turning his opponents, his right hand being effective, being more patient, allowing "resets" instead of just pushing forward from 3:00 to 0:00.

His footwork

Saying that pac is fundamentally the same fighter means you don't know anything about pac. If so, why are you forming an opinion of him?
      Rb. Pac's style has not changed bruh. He has learned more tools to apply in the ring, but that is NOT a style change. He has always relied on foot speed, in and out movement, shift of angles, and combination punching.

The development of effectively using his right hand is NOT a style change it is a compliment to embolden his style. I've been watching Pac for over 10 years bruh. So much for me not knowing Pac.

And what are you talking about as for me forming an opinion? You can watch tapes bruh. Everything I've said is FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        you're kidding right?

most of the trainers I know teach that you should position your feet first to plant into your punch and leaving your feet isn't a good example of that

also Manny tends to square a bit when he is throwing.

he has amazingly quick feet and his footwork is miles better than it was when he first came onto the scene

but do not act like some of us do not know what we are talking about
        pac's footwork isn't as technical as most boxers, but saying he has bad footwork isn't the best way to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          pac's footwork isn't as technical as most boxers, but saying he has bad footwork isn't the best way to say it.
          did anywhere in that post you just replied to said anything about having bad footwork?

nope

now this is response to this thread which I assume is in response to some other thread about Manny having bad footwork, which he doesn't

but it's not the best and he makes up for that in footSPEED

anything else?

Comment

did anywhere in that post you just replied to said anything about having bad footwork?

nope

now this is response to this thread which I assume is in response to some other thread about Manny having bad footwork, which he doesn't

but it's not the best and he makes up for that in footSPEED

anything else?
            Eaner. I dont see why folks are completely missing our points. This is why I stay outta NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              Eaner. I dont see why folks are completely missing our points. This is why I stay outta NSB.
              Well how bout you go back to the lounge troll and take that ***** earner with you.

J/k....lol

btw what's the lounge about bro? I rarely explore other forums on this site.

Comment

So funny some of the people here thought Pac has only faster feet. Fastest feet = Usain bolt! Pac footwork allows him to close a gap from a distance (fastest feet) in a right position (footwork) to deliver his power punch or combination then jump out of range in a position/angle (footwork) where the opponents had trouble catching him clean. Pac bouncing in and out waiting for an opening. When the split seconds opportunity presented, he can put his feet in a right position (footwork) always ready to unleash his combination or out of harm's way. Pac can outbox anybody and goes for a boring decision but he prefers to be hit so that he can unless his counter combination beating you to the pulp. Of course...Pac haters can't see that.
                Last edited by straightleft; 01-02-2011, 02:29 AM.

Comment

it's more footspeed than footwork

footwork is placement and being in position the vast majority of the time. Manny has improved in that aspect and combined with his footspeed it's gotten way better than the days of 122 and 126 but his footwork still has work.
                  It's all just footspeed my ass- it takes skill to always put your feet where you want them when you're going that fast.

Just because you're booksmart about the sport doesn't mean you know everything and you're right about every fighter.

A lot of people mistake Pacquiao's awkwardness as a lack of form or style, but that is his form, he makes it work because he's so natural at improvising on the go or having great instinct.

Not only does he have footspeed, but he re-shifts his weight everytime he lands when he bounces. It takes so much athleticism to do it the way that he does and I can't understand what you boxing pros keep missing.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    It is overrated he leaves his feet plentY of times In the air when he swings watch his fights vs Erik n jmm.he still does it but he doesn't fight fighters that would take advantage of it
                    Yup. This basically proves that the people who are calling his footwork overrated don't know what footwork is.

haha

Comment

you're kidding right?

most of the trainers I know teach that you should position your feet first to plant into your punch and leaving your feet isn't a good example of that

also Manny tends to square a bit when he is throwing.

he has amazingly quick feet and his footwork is miles better than it was when he first came onto the scene

but do not act like some of us do not know what we are talking about
                      Old trainers teach that, planting your feet before you throw, that's why most boxers are so predictable, Manny's feet is as fast as his fist. If you notice when he do his combinations, his body tends to bounce around his opponent, that's why in pictures it looks like his throwing while his feet is in the air, but in reality this are precise split-second foot movements that allows him to throw 5-6 fast combinations in different angles. If you look at how Leonard used to throw his lightning combinations, yes he did it very fast but always in the same directions and his feet is tacked to the ground, his feet is not giving enough leverage, it's Leonard's arms who is doing most of the job thus generating not enough pop to KO most of his opponents... Manny started doing this in the 2nd Morales fight but still in not too perfect form, Manny perfected this in the Dela Hoya fight, and he’s doing it eversince...
                      Last edited by ALG United; 01-02-2011, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X