No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: After The Second Round, I Knew it Was Over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin: After The Second Round, I Knew it Was Over

Gennady Golovkin retained his unbeaten record with a stoppage of Curtis Stevens in the eighth defense of his WBA/IBO middleweight belts. The Kazakh bruiser forced Stevens' corner to step in and end the fight during a one-sided eighth round, with a flurry of punches leaving Stevens dazed and bloodied at Madison Square Garden.

Victory takes Golovkin's record to 28-0, with 25 of those wins coming by stoppage, and it was the 15th fight in a row he has won without needing to go the distance. But it will not go down as an easy victory for the 31-year-old despite him having put Stevens down as early as the second round. Stevens, whose record drops to 25-4, started slowly and could well have been finished inside six minutes, only just beating the count after being caught by a sensational Golovkin left hook. But he took time to recover and Golovkin had to fend off a fierce assault in the fourth, when he was caught by a quick left-right combination by the brave challenger.
    [Click Here To Read More]

anybody that knows about boxing pretty much knew it was over.

Comment

I knew it was over before it got signed champ.

Comment

Just another professional sparring session for GGG #easymoney

Comment

Stevens mostly went into defensive mode and was backing al lot on the ropes after the 2nd rd knock down. GGG had him just cornered in the ring several times with Stevens protecting himself letting GGG wear him down with body shots quite easily. Stevens did try, especially in the 4th and connected a couple of times, but as GGG said he was unphased by that.

Just a big gap in quality, eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            This^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
              Yep the look on Stevens face after the knockdown said it all

Comment

I would love a gif of Stevens face after the knockdown. he had thst "I just found Jesus" face

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                  I would love a gif of Stevens face after the knockdown. he had thst "I just found Jesus" face

Comment

Reminds me of the 2nd Peterson knockdown by Matthysse lol

Comment

Working...
                    X