Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these top fighters have had the toughest resume in their last 5 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these top fighters have had the toughest resume in their last 5 fights?

Poll coming.

Mayweather: Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya, Baldomir

Marquez: Katsidis, Juan Diaz, Mayweather, Juan Diaz, Casamayor

Pacquiao: Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Hatton

Martinez: Dzinzuruk, Williams, Pavlik, Williams, Cintron

Hopkins: Pascal, Pascal, Jones, Ornelas, Pavlik

Froch: Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Taylor, Pascal

Mosley: Pacquiao, Mora, Mayweather, Margarito, Mayorga

Wladimir Klitschko: Peter, Chambers, Chagaev, Rahman, Thompson

Dawson: Diaconu, Pascal, Johnson, Tarver, Tarver

Khan: McCloskey, Maidana, Malignaggi, Salita, Kotelnik
    Mayweather: Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, De La Hoya, Baldomir
    3.27%
    Marquez: Katsidis, Juan Diaz, Mayweather, Juan Diaz, Casamayor
    5.88%
    Pacquiao: Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Hatton
    15.03%
    Martinez: Dzinzuruk, Williams, Pavlik, Williams, Cintron
    20.92%
    Hopkins: Pascal, Pascal, Jones, Ornelas, Pavlik
    0.65%
    Froch: Abraham, Kessler, Dirrell, Taylor, Pascal
    46.41%
    Mosley: Pacquiao, Mora, Mayweather, Margarito, Mayorga
    6.54%
    Wladimir Klitschko: Peter, Chambers, Chagaev, Rahman, Thompson
    0.65%
    Dawson: Diaconu, Pascal, Johnson, Tarver, Tarver
    0.00%
    Khan: McCloskey, Maidana, Malignaggi, Salita, Kotelnik
    0.65%

Notable mentions:

Jean Pascal: Hopkins, Hopkins, Dawson, Diaconu, Diaconu.
    Alexander: Bradley, Kotelnik, Urango, Witter, Rodriguez

Name a fighter of your choice if I did not mention him.

Comment

I think it's pretty much between Martinez and Froch, you can add Mosley there because he fought both Pacquiao and Mayweather. The only fighter to fight those 2 in his last 3 fights. I think mostly every one from 140-154 would go 0-2 fighting Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Its got to be Froch or Mosley.
        Froch has been in with 2 undefeated prime fighters, Pascal and Dirrell, a very game Kessler and Taylor, and a still deadly Abraham.

Mosley has fought a still "Iron Chinned" and invincible Margarito and the two P4P fighters of the Decade, enough said.

But, I feel that because Froch won most of his fights, or was extremely competitive in defeat(Kessler), he should get the nom for best 5 fight resume.

Comment

Ohh yea, I did not see Martinez as an option for some reason, that its Froch/Martinez than Mosley.

Pacman and Hops are about even, but i feel they both fall shorter than Froch/Martinez and mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
            Its got to be Froch or Mosley.
            Froch has been in with 2 undefeated prime fighters, Pascal and Dirrell, a very game Kessler and Taylor, and a still deadly Abraham.

Mosley has fought a still "Iron Chinned" and invincible Margarito and the two P4P fighters of the Decade, enough said.

But, I feel that because Froch won most of his fights, or was extremely competitive in defeat(Kessler), he should get the nom for best 5 fight resume.
            I won't disagree with any one who picks Martinez, Froch, or Mosley. Too close to call.

I mean like you said fighting the two best P4P fighters in two years, and Antonio Margarito[all three were the #1 Welterweights at the time Mosley fought them, well not Mayweather, Mosley was #1 when he fought Mayweather, but Mayweather I believe was #2 WW, and if i'm not mistaken he was #2 P4P. A 2008 Mayorga was still a pretty good fighter, and Mora is always hard to look good against. Mosley was also underdog in 3 of his last 5 fights, so he's def not fighting stiffs.

Then you got Martinez, who the hell wants to fight Williams twice. Then you got the Middleweight King at the time Kelly Pavlik. A very sound technical fighter in undefeated Dzinzuruk. And for a cry baby, Cintron is pretty tough.

Froch got a tough resume as well, but for some reason it doesn't seem as tough as Mosley's and Martinez, because of Taylor and Abraham. A 2 loss Kessler, an undefeated Dirrell, and undefeated Pascal that's pretty tough.

Comment

Mosley's had a pretty rough end of a career in terms of opponents. Mayorga tough as nails, Margarito was the most feared man in Boxing, Mayweather great defensively, Mora hard to look good against and bigger fighter, Pacquiao the destroyer.

Comment

I'll take Froch as he's been in there with a slew of world champions that are very skilled and often heavy handed. And if he gets through Johnson, then Ward, then Bute (just indulge my fantasy for a moment)- then Froch would start getting serious consideration for ATG status.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
                  I'll take Froch as he's been in there with a slew of world champions that are very skilled and often heavy handed. And if he gets through Johnson, then Ward, then Bute (just indulge my fantasy for a moment)- then Froch would start getting serious consideration for ATG status.
                  Lol ATG status, no way. Hall of Fame, yes, considering how easy it is to get in.

Comment

that honor goes to martinez anyone who thinks differently is not a boxing fan

Comment

Working...
                    X