Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Insider Frank Stea on Maywethaer's next move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i kno u guys are hyped for this fight or w/e, but mayweather hasd nothin to gain from fightin martinez. its not gonna happen. u guys are tlkin about him fighting for the mw and jmw belts, he dnt care about them belts and he doesnt care about his legacy. in all honesty if he fights pac and defeats him the way he did mosely, there is nothing left to write about floyd mayweather or his career. he will go down as the greatest fighter of the new millenium.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      So you think Arum is gonna try to force Pavlik to rematch Martinez? That's an interesting theory.
      Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      You really think Pavlik would object that strongly to have to be forced? I don't.
      2 good answers in a row Bo. I'ma have to hit you with some green.

Comment

Martinez needs more of a buzz

He only recently reached superstardom, so hes gonna need another Margarito or Williams to position himself for a potential Mayweather fight

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
          LOL @ This.

People get their biggest paydays fighting Floyd. Not against The Illiterate.

Don't you think Martinez would rather face Mayweather - THE BETTER FIGHTER - for more money?

And Pacquiao said that Foreman was "too big', but Martinez isn't? LOL

Sergio is a PBF fan....he would rather fight floyd.....he wants to fight the best and to Sergio that is floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Because he was embarrassed and dominated.
            But, is still the biggest money fight for Pavlik outside of Bute. So why wouldn't Arum do it? He has a better chance against Martinez then against Bute.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              But, is still the biggest money fight for Pavlik outside of Bute. So why wouldn't Arum do it? He has a better chance against Martinez then against Bute.

i would back Bute in to stop Paclik with a bodyshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                Martinez needs more of a buzz

He only recently reached superstardom, so hes gonna need another Margarito or Williams to position himself for a potential Mayweather fight
                I agree with that. I don't think he's mainstream enough. He should at least try to be on Mosley's level of recognition first. I would hate on Marg vs Pac or anyone one else because I don't think he deserves it, but I could accept Marg vs Martinez because winning that fight would give Martinez more of a buzz which would be good for boxing. Say what you want, boxing needs it's stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Great video. You truly see the difference between those who know boxing, and those who run around these forums claiming to be fans of the sport.

Comment

thanks for posting.... good video.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Outside of a lucky bomb. Martinez will win again. Arum knows that.
                      It will be uglier the 2nd time around for Pavlik.

Once a guys like Martinez zero in on you, its over.

Mayweather/Martinez at 160 is the winning ticket.

Comment

Working...
                      X