No announcement yet.

Why do some boxers take weed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    there's only one reason people smoke weed (not take) and that's to get high...
    Marijuana does have therapeutic qualities, in my opinion.

However, I would never suggest that a professional boxer should be smoking weed.

If they are really careful, than I'm sure they could derive a benefit from it, but in most cases it is perhaps a distraction, and smoking period is not good.

Unless they use a vaporizer, or make brownies, maybe the issue of smoking goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      Marijuana does have therapeutic qualities, in my opinion.

However, I would never suggest that a professional boxer should be smoking weed.

If they are really careful, than I'm sure they could derive a benefit from it, but in most cases it is perhaps a distraction, and smoking period is not good.

Unless they use a vaporizer, or make brownies, maybe the issue of smoking goes away.
      now that's a deal, getting high and eating munchies all in one shot...

Comment

First off, "taking" weed

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Is it bull**** when they say you don't get a proper sleep off weed.

I don't mean in terms of hours of sleep, but i read that it isn't the correct type of sleep whatever the hell that is.
        Pretty subjective kind of question I guess, because all strains don't do the same thing. If I'm super blown I usually get lazy as hell and end up taking a 2-3 hour power nap.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          What?

It's nothing to do with going cold turkey, it happens when you go to bed high. Your brain cannot shut off and thus you don't sleep properly. When you stop smoking and try to sleep, you're not used to clearing your mind and can become irritated and restless.
          yhea, i understood, and i don't buy into it. simply because i used to smoke, and i got a great night's sleep when i went to bed high. woke up refreshed, and ready to go. . . Before I was a pothead - I noticed no difference in quality of sleep I got whne I went to bed without smoking, and when I went to bed high as a kite. .

i just pointed out the only time i think weed effects your sleep, and the quality of sleep, is if you become addicted to it, and then quit.

Comment

because they are only humans

Comment

With sleep you could smoke an Indica strain, which medicates the body, and you will sleep like a baby and wake revitalized and ready to roll .

Smoke a Sativa strain and I could easily see spending hours with your mind running wild while you try to fall completely to sleep.

I smoked after many training sessions through my years in the ring. Nothing but benefeits for me while there were no indications that Marihuana hurt my training or body or mind.

Most of you people have been completely brain washed from birth, with the dishonest propaganda that the government spouted about marihuana, your parents spouted it to you and you'll probably spout the same uneducated views as they did in the 30's and 40's to your children. In these cases the ignorance about the plant will continue.

Open your eyes and look at the views by scientists today about the plant. Not only are the scientists being honest about the benifeits of Marihuana but now the government is allowing them to speak about it.

Educate yourself on the subject before demeaning the plant. That means look at the new findings instead of relying only on false propaganda spouted by a government with an obvious agenda to support your views..........Rockin'
              Last edited by Rockin'; 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                With sleep you could smoke an Indica strain, which medicates the body, and you will sleep like a baby and wake revitalized and ready to roll .

Smoke a Sativa strain and I could easily see spending hours with your mind running wild while you try to fall completely to sleep.

I smoked after many training sessions through my years in the ring. Nothing but benefeits for me while there were no indications that Marihuana hurt my training or body or mind.

Most of you people have been completely brain washed from birth, with the dishonest propaganda that the government spouted about marihuana, your parents spouted it to you and you'll probably spout the same uneducated views as they did in the 30's and 40's to your children. In these cases the ignorance about the plant will continue.

Open your eyes and look at the views by scientists today about the plant. Not only are the scientists being honest about the benifeits of Marihuana but now the government is allowing them to speak about it.

Educate yourself on the subject before demeaning the plant. That means look at the new findings instead of relying only on false propaganda spouted by a government with an obvious agenda to support your views..........Rockin'
                I often smoke before long training sessions. the level of focus that can be obtained is really incomparable to anything else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  I often smoke before long training sessions. the level of focus that can be obtained is really incomparable to anything else out there.
                  I completely agree......Rockin'

Comment

cause it makes their lawns look nice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      I completely agree......Rockin'
                      did you really just red k me for that comment? what a lame.

Comment

Working...
                      X