No announcement yet.

Khan essentially trained himself for a large part of the Garcia camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    The main benefit I think is the WildCard gym and the number of fighters and styles from all over the world that Khan could potentially spar against. But if Roach didn't have a gym like Wildcard I think Khan might have probably dropped him already. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing its the gym.
    My point is that someone need to teach him how to fight these folks cuz this ain't helping.

Comment

Roach is ****. Rigondeux trainer for him for what, 1 month, than left his sorry ass.

Comment

Well if we're going to say Roach being absent was an issue then we can't say that he needs a new trainer, because it implies Roach would have helped.

Because if Roach truly sux then him not being there could have been a good thing

Ignoring whether you think Khan is garbage or whether you think he simply fought a dumb fight..or wther you think Garcia is simply the better fighter.....if there might be any excuse for Khan it has to be the postponing of the fight in the first place. He said he felt good going into Garcia but sometimes it can still be a factor. I thought for sure he'd learn from seeing Ortiz go thru the same thing just weeks before.

Interrupting a camp right before you're about to peak only to resume it a month later might have left him a little zapped, especially with having to go thru the extra sparring. Just extra punches taken before a big fight that were unnecessary.

if you are a Khan fan, was seeing the behind the ropes clips from sparring alarming??

Comment

he's got plenty of options that would be better manny steward would be perfect for him but there may be the same issue with him having wlad and all .. hell adam booth would be decent too and since haye hardly ever fights he'd get plenty of attention

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
            Well if we're going to say Roach being absent was an issue then we can't say that he needs a new trainer, because it implies Roach would have helped.

Because if Roach truly sux then him not being there could have been a good thing

Ignoring whether you think Khan is garbage or whether you think he simply fought a dumb fight..or wther you think Garcia is simply the better fighter.....if there might be any excuse for Khan it has to be the postponing of the fight in the first place. He said he felt good going into Garcia but sometimes it can still be a factor. I thought for sure he'd learn from seeing Ortiz go thru the same thing just weeks before.

Interrupting a camp right before you're about to peak only to resume it a month later might have left him a little zapped, especially with having to go thru the extra sparring. Just extra punches taken before a big fight that were unnecessary.

if you are a Khan fan, was seeing the behind the ropes clips from sparring alarming??
            When i saw it i thought it was probably after a long session against a fresh sparring partner, and released on purpose to make Khan look a lot worse than he was. Turns out he was that bad going into the fight

Comment

If this is true, Khan needs to have a serious think and a chat with Freddy.

If they do indeed part ways, I think Khan should seriously consider seeing if he can work something out with Nazeem Richardson.

Let's face it, if anyone could teach that kid something new then it's him. There's very little that guy doesn't know about the game and he's very articulate with the way he expresses it.

Sharing the same faith might make the transition easier too.

Comment

If true Khan needs a dedicated trainer at the level he fights.

But no trainer is going to improve his chin

Comment

Khan's defence has alway been bad, He was marked up by Paulie M even though he beat Paulie up in that fight, He was marked up and rocked badly in the Maidana fight, Even against Paul mccloskey he looked marked up against an european level opponent.

Now i dont want to be overly critical but he has never shown any type of progression to me in the last 2 years, You would have thought he would be more experience the older he gets but he seem to get dumber the older he gets, To me he is a counter-punchers dream but once you can punch with him or time him then its all over, Looking back now i see no reason why JMM didnt fight him or why Timothy Bradley shamelessly ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    he's got plenty of options that would be better manny steward would be perfect for him but there may be the same issue with him having wlad and all .. hell adam booth would be decent too and since haye hardly ever fights he'd get plenty of attention
                    Booth might be good for him because he doesnt train too many people, and he has a good attention to detail, Roach has too many fighters on his hands and his parkinson is also taking over him in a way, I think he would go somewhere else where the trainer is hands on and practically with him.

Comment

To hell with this lame excuse. Fact of the matter is Khan just ain't as good as he thinks he is. Khan biggest weakness is that he doesn't think boxing. Khan can't think in the ring the man is a robot and Roach was the wrong programmer for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X