No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward: No Contact From Sauerland on Mikkel Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Ward: No Contact From Sauerland on Mikkel Kessler

Goossen Tutor CEO Dan Goossen spoke to BoxingScene.com recently about potential opponents for newly crowned Super Six champion and 2011 Fighter of the Year Andre Ward after his landmark victory over Carl Froch last month.

[Click Here To Read More]

And what does Ward gain from fighting a guy he already defeated by a wide margin?

A.B.B.- Anyone But Bute

Comment

this fight would be as pointless as the Pacquiao vs Cotto II fight

if Robert Stieglitz beats Kessler then I think that should be his next fight...of course Bute fight will happen eventually

Comment

Ward needs to move on fighting Kessler again is pointless Bute is the only big fight for him right now Andre Dirrell ain't ready yet

Comment

Who has Bute beat that he somehow deserves the winner of the Super 6? Bute can wait. Bute needs Ward more than Ward needs him. I agree with how Ward feels..that Bute basically ducked out of the tourny and expect to ride the coat tails and fight him right off the bat? Yeah right.

Comment

I don't want to see Kessler vs Ward II. Bute should fight Kessler and Ward should fight Dirrel. Then they could unify all the titles in a single fight.

The last intriguing option would be a meeting with middleweight champion Sergio Martinez of Argentina. Both he and Ward have expressed an interest in fighting each other, and a catchweight of about 164 pounds would likely occur if an agreement were ever made.

“I think that’s a great fight,” Goossen said of a matchup with Martinez. “We’ve had conversations on that, but nothing concrete. Just recently we’ve been focused on getting the cast off of Andre, and so every big fight we’re sifting through, and in 2012 we expect bigger things.”
            Interesting that they've had conversations. This is the #2 best fight for Martinez after Mayweather. Sucks that he's in a weird position where his two best fights are 14 pounds apart though.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-21-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Who has Bute beat that he somehow deserves the winner of the Super 6? Bute can wait. Bute needs Ward more than Ward needs him. I agree with how Ward feels..that Bute basically ducked out of the tourny and expect to ride the coat tails and fight him right off the bat? Yeah right.
              It is a matter of unification of 2 belts. A fight between 2 champions.

It is funny seeing Ward's camp (and fans) say that Bute is not worthy of a chance to fight Ward...I am ok with that (for now) but let's just see who Ward will actually fight next; I am 100% sure that whoever Ward fights next will be less worthy than Bute, a smaller name than Bute and will bring in less cash than a Bute fight.

Comment

Reading that, they don't want Kessler or Bute, they want Sergio Martinez.

Will Martinez step up?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  Bute needs Ward more than Ward needs him
                  Why does Bute need Ward? He draws 10 times more people than Ward and makes 10 times more for each fight thatn Ward does.

Of course we as fans would say that it should not be about money...but to professional fighters it is a LOT about money. And to quote Ward:

"This is a sport we talk about heart and about desire but we also use our brains...and we will sit down and make a solid business decision"

Not fighting Bute is a weak business decision.

Comment

Why isn't Ward talking about Anthony Dirrell, his mandatory challenger. I find it strange that he talks about everything but his mandatory. Many of you feel Anthony is not ready, I beg to differ. Anthony will be the first to defeat Ward it they meet next. There is no way Ward will win that fight. If that fight was so easy Ward would jump and his team would jump on it. Anthony is a deadly man thats staring for recognition,dreaming about knocking Ward out everynight. Run Ward Run, the truth will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                    X