• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocky Marciano

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Rocky Marciano
      Most definately, its because he beat beloved past prime champs and was overrated in a casual sense.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
        Most definately, its because he beat beloved past prime champs and was overrated in a casual sense.
        Charles, Moore and Walcott were still very game opponents. His first fight with Joe Walcott is one of the greatest fights in heavyweight history.

Comment

Winky Wright

Comment

LES DARCY, EDDIE McGOORTY, JIMMY CLABBY, KATSIDES, FENECH, DAVE SANDS, FREDDIE DAWSON, Young GRIFFO, KID WILLIAMS, TSZYU, CHUCK DAVEY, CARRUTHERS, RON RICHARDS, TONY DEMARCO, IKE WILLIAMS, GARDNER and lots of others who don't get their due these days. One word on Dave Sands, he is in my opinion in the TOP 3 Aussies to lace on a glove, 1. DARCY. 2. FENECH . 3. SANDS. 4. TSZYU 5. ROSE . It may shock some that I have him ahead of Lionel Rose but Sands was the real deal ( he equaled Darcy's feat of holding the Australian Middleweight AND Heavyweight titles simultaneously ), but even the Great Sugar RAY had avoided "That guy down there is very dangerous" Sands. Dave destroyed BOBO twice and was close to the Top of the middleweights, Alas, poor dave died in a car accident before he could get his long awaited title shot, a great fighter, quick, deadly, hard as nails badass, very smart, great combination puncher, great record, good chin, great defensive and relentless with fantastic stamina. He died young in 51.

Comment

Tommy Morrison. I'm serious

He's not a top 20 HW but people seem to completely write him off. Let's look at the facts.

3 loses, 2 of them to good fighters lennox lewis and ray mercer

He beat razor ruddock more convincingly than mike tyson did. He beat the same foreman that went on to K.O moorer for the HW crown. He beat carl williams a decent C level HW.

Also had one of the nicest left hooks ever

Again not a top 20 hw but still underrated and known as the kid who played in the rocky movie

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                By the casual fan? Joe Louis. Way to many people take the "bum of the month club" as fact when it was nothing more than to describe Louis' decimation of them. Amongst heavyweight championship resumes Louis ranks no lower than 3 or 4.
                top 2 actually. His wins against ranked contenders is one of the best, only Ali has more wins and Louis has the better percentage.

Barnburner, Hagler is rated top 3 in a deep division. I will go with my pet favourite Rosenbloom. I know of no other guys who fought and beat so many ranked contenders, and yet gets so underrated. He is not even mentioned. Talk of being underrated.

Comment

Working...
                X