Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddest moments in British boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most have been recent to be honest ...

Hatton - Ko'd
    Khan - Ko'd
    Witter - Outclassed

Calzaghe looked **** against Hopkins too and if he performs like that against Jones he will get beat, Jones isn't thick as **** and won't throw half a punch a round ... British boxing doesn't look good.

On the other hand .. We have a lot of prospects and all the fighters mentioned have some good performances left in them.

Comment

Witter and Khan were nobodies, what on earth was sad about that moment!? Hatton was a full of **** chav, I celebrated that one like it was Istanbul again!

I would say i was more saddened by the jolly guys getting battered even though it was expected such as Danny William by the Klit and Lennox Lewis too!

When Calslappy robbed Hopkins after being put on his arse and outboxed, that was a truly sad moment for British boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan-Fan View Post
        Okay guys after Khan's defeat the other night I started thinking about some of the saddest moments in British boxing history.
        Khan was getting half a million quid to fight bums and soaking up much more praise and attention than he deserved. It was sweet retribution when he got KTFO.

Bruno coming apart against Tyson (x2) and Witherspoon was sad. Also felt for Howard Eastman when he got robbed against Joppy, he'd been through a lot and really earned that.

Comment

Obviosuly the watson tradegy stands out as a very sad moment for everyone.

I was absolutely gutted to see hatton knocked out & also hated seeing Naseem loose

Seeing Nigel Benn retire was a very sad point for me aswell

Comment

Audley harrison stating he can still win a world title, last week.

I've not been into boxing very long, but so far its been Hatton' loss to Mayweather.
            Last edited by iBox; 09-17-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

that is quite a funny moment haha

Comment

to be honest Tyson losing to danny williams, i think for me it signalled something that they heavy weight division no longer carried it weisght, so to speak, but that was a shocker, when williams put him down.

Comment

Yeah I remeber watching that one in a bar in Greece and I was the only brit cheering on Tyson haha

Comment

The Ingle fight when in the last round you knew **** was going bad.
                    that was **** to watch.

Also Hamed getting outclassed start to finish by Marco.

Hatton getting ko'd by mayweather was sad also but it was pretty much expected!

Comment

oh and Brodie Chi 2
                      that **** was horrible to watch. he was a fighter that deserved the title in my opinion and him getting battered to **** was horrid.

Comment

Working...
                      X