Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont Americans just scrap NFL, NBA, MLB and join the rest of the world with footb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont Americans just scrap NFL, NBA, MLB and join the rest of the world with footb

Why not be normal and play football instead? Scrap all your dumb american sports, Basketball can stay though, and come play a sport the rest of the world does.

Because nobody will show it on TV.

If Americans cant stuff commercials into your face every time-out or after every touchdown or punt then it will never be popular.

Am I the only one annoyed at the constant commercials and TV commercials in NBA/NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      Why not be normal and play football instead? Scrap all your dumb american sports, Basketball can stay though, and come play a sport the rest of the world does.

Americans are already playing european football. It's getting bigger and bigger i think, but of course compared to their national sports it's small fry. But i don't believe americans should drop their traditional sports in favour of a sport that is quite 'new' to them in terms of national professional soccer. I think they can do both and what their american national team lacks in talent, they make up in determination and grit. Just like the japanese and south korean teams; they really play hard and work together as a team.

I think it's just ignorant to come here and post about a certain country and complain about their sports and then give no reason why they should drop it for another sport other than the fact that the other sport is the biggest sport in the world. Many americans already watch soccer and it will grow and grow. Already plenty of americans know who man utd and barcalona are compared with, say 20 years ago. No need to force people to choose between sports when they can have both!
      Last edited by Xercen; 09-30-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Do the Aussies have to drop the million different versions of Rugby that they play. Do the Canadians have to drop Ice Hockey? Soccer is already growing in size here, leave it be. Why China sucks so bad at it should be more of a concern.

Comment

Im surprised that Rugby isnt played in USA or is popular.

Its a more manlier and tougher sport than the NFL and it shows who the real men are.

Comment

Originally posted by yonge.heffer View Post
            Im surprised that Rugby isnt played in USA or is popular.

Its a more manlier and tougher sport than the NFL and it shows who the real men are.
            It's because of the reason you brought up earlier. No time to show commercials. I'll admit that I really don't watch Rugby too much. But it does seem like a tough sport (no pads) that requires endless amounts of stamina. I think if you were to put in a NFL player who played a defensive position he'd be out of gas in 15 minutes. No breaks after a play.

But at the same time if you were to get a Rugby player and put him in certain positions in American football he wouldn't have the size to compete. I mean defensive positions not offensive. I could see a Rugby player being a WR or a TE since that position requires speed and stamina.

When I really try to compare the two Rugby requires a lot of stamina and grit. The NFL requires grit and may have breaks but that has to do with strategy. Getting that football across the field requires strategy. That is why the players line up a different way after each play.

But if you like Rugby more then more power to you. I probably would like it more if they showed it more over here in the States.

Comment

Why do you give a shit what we watch?

Comment

were those clips supposed to impress me? lol it's still boring to me no matter what. You can post the most "exciting" soccer moment in the history of the sport and chances are I wont care. It's like wazaa posting some cricket highlights is that going to convert you??!?

It certainly doesn't help all these soccer fans on this site have some **** looking queer in their avi's and sigs too.

Comment

American moms and kids up to 8yrs old are with you guys

Comment

Watching Soccer is like watching the Klitschko bros fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X