Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland: McCall Saw Tape of Kubrat Pulev and Withdrew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland: McCall Saw Tape of Kubrat Pulev and Withdrew

Sauerland Event, who a few days ago announced that Elijah McCall (12-3, 11 KOs), the son of former WBC heavyweight champion Oliver McCall (57-13, 37 KOs), was going to face top ranked heavyweight Kubrat Pulev (19-0, 10 KOs) on April 5th in Rostock, says McCall has now withdrawn from the match after initially agreeing. A late replacement is being pursued for the show, which is headlined by a light heavyweight title fight between Braehmer and Maccarinelli.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Dude said he wants top dollar not peanuts..... does he think he's his dad and it's the 90's?

It's not your name that's "big" in boxing.... it's your Dad's

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Dude said he wants top dollar not peanuts..... does he think he's his dad and it's the 90's?

It's not your name that's "big" in boxing.... it's your Dad's
        Even his dad you are being really loose with the term big

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Even his dad you are being really loose with the term big
          I guess that's how insignificant his son is and odd that he'd turn the deal down after agreeing to it.

I know he did it for money, but now he'll probably get less money for a fight he'll lose overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            I guess that's how insignificant his son is and odd that he'd turn the deal down after agreeing to it.

I know he did it for money, but now he'll probably get less money for a fight he'll lose overseas
            Probably, he has lost to worse guys but he will probably catch less of a pummeling.

The late replacement might even provide a stiffer challenge, I would probably roll the dice on /randomheavyweight001 chances than McCall's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              Probably, he has lost to worse guys but he will probably catch less of a pummeling.

The late replacement might even provide a stiffer challenge, I would probably roll the dice on /randomheavyweight001 chances than McCall's.
              Wasn't expecting much before, meh. He's just chilling until the IBF orders a fight

Comment

Really it's an indictment of Sauerland that they manage to pick an opponent for the top ranked HW contender that's so bad he himself doesn't even give himself a 1% chance of winning.

Oliver McCall must have been deemed way too risky in the first place.

Comment

I guess it's off to the Rostock Hauptbahnhof to find a HW cab driver to replace that dude

Comment

Oliver McCall wouldn't actually be a bad opponent for Pulev,he is durable,would give Kubrat the rounds he craves,this fight should have been signed weeks ago.i would have like to see it.

Comment

Working...
                    X