No announcement yet.

Rios vs. Provodnikov prediction/thoughts/analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios vs. Provodnikov prediction/thoughts/analysis thread

I really love this fight. More than just the obvious reason that both these guys love to hit, and get hit.

I think this is a 60/40 fight in Rios' favor. Provodnikov is has better technique than Rios from mid-range, and the outside. Rios just has great technique on the inside with his punches. Provonikov is more of a mid-range hooker/puncher type. He can also set up combinations off the jab, similar to how Alvarado was working RIos.

He is a very big 140 pounder - he's short, and compact as ****. His stamina, and toughness rival Rios'.

I think ultimately Rios will be too tough, and strong on the inside, but I expect a straight up WAR for 5-8 rounds, with Provo possibly even being up on the cards.

Anybody here think Provo will win?

another foty canidate but rios wins early 5 or 6

Comment

Bam Bam Bangs

Comment

Damn Rios is facing the toughest fights one after another.

Comment

I agree.

I like this fight. It's actually a very close fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Provodnikov pulled it off.

Comment

Rios wins by TKO in 7. Provodnikov starts strong but gets dragged into a slugfest in about the 3rd round and comes up on the wrong end.

Comment

good fight but bam bam shines again imo...he beats everyone with similar style as him including mathysse imo....he's just that tough

Comment

This is not a close or competitive fight, Rios destroys him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  This is not a close or competitive fight, Rios destroys him.
                  Lol why so?

Break it down for us.

Comment

Provondkov is a tough customer but I got rios winning a stoppage in mid/late rounds. I dont think this fight will happen though, I really think arum is gonna pull the trigger and make rios vs pac in april

Comment

Working...
                    X