ODLH Tweets ''Let's see what excuse arum comes up with''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODLH Tweets ''Let's see what excuse arum comes up with''

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya
    Lets see what excuse bob arum will come up with now. I'm sure Nonito will agree that 3 million is a lot of mula.

about what?

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
      about what?
      Mares fight, HBO PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
        about what?

Comment

What exactly is the offer? Would it be co-promoted or only GB?

This would be a PPV? Surely the numbers wouldn't be great.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            What exactly is the offer? Would it be co-promoted or only GB?

This would be a PPV? Surely the numbers wouldn't be great.
            I could see it doing in the 300k-400k buy range. I for one would buy it. You got two California fighters and it's Mexico vs. Philippines, not that hard of a sale for the Staples Center imo.

Comment

Didn't Arum offer a buyout of the same amount or a bit more but Richard Shaeffer said no and got mad?

3 million seems small, this fight is PPV worthy, and should have an HBO 24/7, the only reason I think that Oscar and Richard are offering a small amount is because they don't want to put it on HBO but will put it on Showtime which will not get them the same type of money that they would on HBO.

Arum is right here, this fight should be on HBO and should have the 24/7 treatment.

If its on HBO PPV with hype it will sell pretty good at least 400k could even reach 600k which would break the record for anything under welterweight I believe. You have two marketable fighters, both exciting, both top dogs in their division, mexico vs. philippines, both speak good English and live in America, this is a perfect fight for HBO ppv.

I am tired of seeing Mayweather an Pacquiao on 24/7, they need to showcase new faces like Nonito Donaire and Abner Mares.

Comment

Would Oscar accept 3 million to buy the fight from Top Rank.

These ****in' guys...

Comment

What the hell are you guys talking about? PPV was never mentioned. This would do horrible numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Would Oscar accept 3 million to buy the fight from Top Rank.

These ****in' guys...
                    Finally someone said it. Oscar would turn his nose up at it too. I'm sure Rios would fight Garcia. Let TR have Garcia for 3 mil Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                    X