Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson: Hopkins Was Trying To Break My Neck, My Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he cuffed hopkins legs, then dumped on his neck? WTF everyone can see it - the old man is gonna get up with him this time. The old man does not care about how much people paid to see the first fight, payper view #'s etc, he did what he did (either faked it / saw something he needed to work on/ or was genuinely hurt) and will come out and snatch poor Dawson's mind, slapp him around and spit him out, to where he will never be the same ala: Robert Allen/ tito trinidad / Jermain Taylor / Kelly Pavlik / Jean Pascal / Winky Wright / De La Hoya / Kieth Holmes / William Joppy / (tarver seems to have escaped it) / Howard Eastman / antwone echols / and many many more!!! the first couple of rounds will be dangerous then the old man will go to work, mark my words......

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Chad Dawson has watched the end of his fight against Bernard Hopkins more times than he can count.

Even in hindsight, Dawson doesn’t think he had any alternative other than to shove Hopkins off his back.

“It was to the point where people were saying I pulled an M M A move, I slammed him,” Dawson said. “I had to watch it so many times because I’m like, ‘Did I really slam him?’ I know I didn’t slam him, but I looked to see if it looked like I slammed him. But I didn’t slam him. All I did was move back and just slide out from the headlock he had me in.”
      [Click Here To Read More]
      no you didnt Chad Dawson, as everyone with eyes seen you lifted then cuffed his legs, creating the situation. Not a big deal if Hopkins hadn't of gotten hurt but he did so deal with it.

freaking big baby.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Dawson pushed off as retaliation to Hopkins spending a round and a half fouling, including throwing his weight on Dawson's back more than once before the end. If Hopkins doesn't leave his feet to jump on Dawson's back, he doesn't end up on the ground to begin with.
        Just who are you arguing with?

I have never seen anybody dispute that Hopkins rushed in, over Chad. Dawson was going lower than necessary (pretty much crouching) but, regardless, Hopkins rushed him. Everybody can see and accept this. Why are you stating it over and over again? It doesn't change the tackle that Dawson then did.

Hopkins rushed Dawson, Dawson threw him down, Hopkins was injured. That's just the way it went down, and it was *****ty for everybody.

The point here is that Dawson and Shaw keep denying that the throw ever occurred, keep accusing Hopkins of faking an injury, and seem to deny reality because they don't want to admit culpability. At least in this article Dawson finally admits to the throw... or "shove" as he calls it.

Exhibit A: a shove doesn't involve putting the hand behind a leg and lifting.

Hopkins had everything to gain from winning that fight - oldest fighter of the year, oldest fighter to defend his belt etc - and had not been put under any pressure by Dawson, had no reason to quit. The attack that he quit is just Dawson trying to convince himself that Hopkins doesn't have the upper hand mentally and Gary Shaw blowing off steam. I'm surprised they took the rematch, TBH. If the TKO hadn't be overturned, I don't think they would have taken the rematch.

Comment

how full of **** is dawson?
          "chad bad liar dawson"

Comment

imagine how wladimir's opponents feel

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
              Just who are you arguing with?

I have never seen anybody dispute that Hopkins rushed in, over Chad. Dawson was going lower than necessary (pretty much crouching) but, regardless, Hopkins rushed him. Everybody can see and accept this. Why are you stating it over and over again? It doesn't change the tackle that Dawson then did.

Hopkins rushed Dawson, Dawson threw him down, Hopkins was injured. That's just the way it went down, and it was *****ty for everybody.

The point here is that Dawson and Shaw keep denying that the throw ever occurred, keep accusing Hopkins of faking an injury, and seem to deny reality because they don't want to admit culpability. At least in this article Dawson finally admits to the throw... or "shove" as he calls it.

Exhibit A: a shove doesn't involve putting the hand behind a leg and lifting.

Hopkins had everything to gain from winning that fight - oldest fighter of the year, oldest fighter to defend his belt etc - and had not been put under any pressure by Dawson, had no reason to quit. The attack that he quit is just Dawson trying to convince himself that Hopkins doesn't have the upper hand mentally and Gary Shaw blowing off steam. I'm surprised they took the rematch, TBH. If the TKO hadn't be overturned, I don't think they would have taken the rematch.
              I hate how Hopkins fans keep saying it like Dawson cuffed his leg and then lifted. Hopkins left his feet completely on his own, was lifted as Dawson moved his body up. The cuff happened after all that, just look at your own damn picture there. If Hopkins wasn't busy trying to cheat every time he threw a punch, none of it ever happens. Hopkins wasn't quitting, he thought he would get a disqualification win. Not under any pressure my ass, you know Bernard Hopkins is threatened when the very first punch he throws in a fight is a headbutt.

My problem is how Hopkins fans act like Dawson did something terrible, when the entire incident occurred because of Hopkins's cheating ass. LMAO at you acting like Dawson would avoid Hopkins, like Hopkins gained any mental edge over Dawson. That is delusional.

I can't wait for this rematch. I want this sh** to be over. I'm sick of this argument, Hopkins fans just make sh** up.

Comment

I hate how Hopkins fans keep saying it like Dawson cuffed his leg and then lifted. Hopkins left his feet completely on his own, was lifted as Dawson moved his body up. The cuff happened after all that, just look at your own damn picture there. If Hopkins wasn't busy trying to cheat every time he threw a punch, none of it ever happens. Hopkins wasn't quitting, he thought he would get a disqualification win. Not under any pressure my ass, you know Bernard Hopkins is threatened when the very first punch he throws in a fight is a headbutt.

My problem is how Hopkins fans act like Dawson did something terrible, when the entire incident occurred because of Hopkins's cheating ass. LMAO at you acting like Dawson would avoid Hopkins, like Hopkins gained any mental edge over Dawson. That is delusional.

I can't wait for this rematch. I want this sh** to be over. I'm sick of this argument, Hopkins fans just make sh** up.
                the funniest part about the post you just responded too, was when he complained about dawson ducking

how fookin dare he move his head to avoid a punch smfh

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  the funniest part about the post you just responded too, was when he complained about dawson ducking

how fookin dare he move his head to avoid a punch smfh
                  Nope, not allowed to do that when Hopkins is fighting you. He can do whatever the hell he wants, if you don't like it too bad. Hopkins could headbutt a guy in the balls though, and it would be "veteran tactics."

Comment

Start at the 1:10 mark and tell me what u see Dawson do to Pascsal.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin1 View Post
                      [Ezal, the neighborhood crack head, is feigning a fall in a convenience store to get money]
                      Ezal: Aw, I'm suing y'all. Oh, I'm hurt. Oh, my neck, my back, my neck and my back. Oh! I want $150,000, but we can settle out of court right now for twenty bucks.
                      Janitor: Man, get your punk ass up. It ain't even wet over here. Damn.

That was my ish, LOL

Originally posted by comanick View Post
                      No dawson you slammed him.

If you want to say he was faking the injury then fine you can say that but you did in fact slam him. You didnt pull out from the clinch, you pushed off from the clinch and slightly hooked his leg.
                      Co-sign.........

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                      my neck,my back, his ***** and his crack...
                      Man, you beat me to it, LOL.

Sorry Chad, but according to Hopkins fans he is allowed to push, grab, headbutt, low blow, jump on your back, knee you in the crotch, bend you over and f*** you, and basically do whatever he wants because it's "veteran savvy."

But you can't push the guy off when he jumps on you, that's cheating.
                      Dawson pushed off as retaliation to Hopkins spending a round and a half fouling, including throwing his weight on Dawson's back more than once before the end. If Hopkins doesn't leave his feet to jump on Dawson's back, he doesn't end up on the ground to begin with.
                      Pushing someone is horizontal, lifting is vertical. If Chad would have pushed B-Hop, would'be went through the ropes, or hit the corner. Why did he end up on the floor? A picture's worth 1000 words & video is squared that.......

Comment

Working...
                      X