Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito: DID HE START TRAINING WAY TOO EARLY???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito: DID HE START TRAINING WAY TOO EARLY???

all im sayin is, this guy is already lookin ripped as fck... and were more than a month away from the fight

and as we know in boxing, theres always these 'overtrained', the 'weight drained', the 'peaked too early' etc kind of excuses

could training so soon have some kind of negative affect on margs come fight night?

thoughts

He has time to taper down his training. Margarito has been in the game long enough to know when he has peaked. For the Pacman fight, I'm sure he thought he was ready,but he clearly looked drained. I believe he struggled too much to make weight for that fight; every time they showed clips of him, he was training in a rubber suit. They sap your strength more than anything.

Comment

That dude is always ripped and ready to go...I think his hard work ethic, scandal not withstanding is why his endurance is legendary

Comment

Word has it he is already at 158. We'll see though.

Comment

Margo is a machine when it comes to training,

That's the one thing you can't take away from him!

It's his dedication for training!

I thinks he has one of the best stamina and endurance of all the boxers!

Comment

being overtrained involves overuse injuries

after long hard weeks of physical activity with little rest (training camp for a top flight fighter) you start to get dinged up

if margarito doesnt have that problem and needs the extra few weeks to shed the weight there is nothing wrong with that

some guys stay in shape year round

they run, do light work in the gym, etc. they dont hold a year round full training regimen, but they stay active.

margarito is one of them. for a huge WW come jr mw he rarely looks to be out of shape // soft.

as long as you dont get injured you wont have any issues
            he knows his body now. he's very experienced. i'm sure he knows what he can handle in terms of the workload he puts on himself.

usually after a few months the adult body finds a way to break down
            that is what we call "overtraining"

most common are small tears in muscles and soft tissues, and small stress type surface fractures in bones

shin splints
            tendinitis
            bad//beat up hands;

overtraining.
            Last edited by New England; 10-24-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crusierchamp View Post
              He has time to taper down his training. Margarito has been in the game long enough to know when he has peaked. For the Pacman fight, I'm sure he thought he was ready,but he clearly looked drained. I believe he struggled too much to make weight for that fight; every time they showed clips of him, he was training in a rubber suit. They sap your strength more than anything.
              look again bro, Margarito did not looked in anyway drained during the PAC fight ....

anyway back to topic, Tony also started early versus PAC and IMHO he is used to starting early and have long training one of the reasons that he is a stamina freak...

Comment

Working...
              X