Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does LIL, LOL, and other popular acronyms stand for?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does LIL, LOL, and other popular acronyms stand for?

In this thread, I would like to learn about your favorite acronyms, as used in this forum and other Internet places.

What do LIL, LOL, and other popular acronyms stand for? I know the meaning of LIL and LOL, but there are many I do not know. I would like to know your favorite acronyms and what they stand for. Alternative humorous explanations of common acronyms are wellcome as well.

My favorite acronym so far is LIL. I suppose it means "little," but it also has another meaning. LIL also stands for the Law of Iterated Logarithms in statistics.*

Now, please do not rush to tell me to ST*U.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    * A footnote for nerds: This is a formula which is used to provide an almost sure bound on the largest deviation of a sample mean from the population mean when sample size is large.
    Last edited by Nautilus; 12-11-2004, 01:10 AM.

bbl - be back later

brb - be right back

lmfao - laughing my fucccing a$$ off

w/e - what ever

i dunno, theres a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus
      In this thread, I would like to learn about your favorite acronyms, as used in this forum and other Internet places.

What do LIL, LOL, and other popular acronyms stand for? I know the meaning of LIL and LOL, but there are many I do not know. I would like to know your favorite acronyms and what they stand for. Alternative humorous explanations of common acronyms are wellcome as well.

My favorite acronym so far is LIL. I suppose it means "little," but it also has another meaning. LIL also stands for the Law of Iterated Logarithms in statistics.*

Now, please do not rush to tell me to ST*U.

-----------------------------------------------------------
      * A footnote for nerds: This is a formula which is used to provide an almost sure bound on the largest deviation of a sample mean from the population mean when sample size is large.

LOL means Laughing Out Loud

Comment

IMO - in my opinion
        IMHO - in my humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by johnny swift
          LOL means Laughing Out Loud

no kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus
            no kidding

yeah thats what it means. thats why youll see it after someone just wrote a joke or was trying to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny swift
              yeah thats what it means. thats why youll see it after someone just wrote a joke or was trying to be funny.

Johny, thanks for making it really clear.

Comment

KTFO- Knocked the **** out
                IMO- In my opinion
                lol

Comment

Here's a link i just found, it tells you a lot of definitions.

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/chat.htm

Comment

STD means sexually transmitted disease..

Comment

Working...
                    X