Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson= Overrated trainer. You cant be considered "GREAT" by piggybacking!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    Yes he looked sensational vs a blown up Kelly Pavlik, I totally agree. And he looked great against the Tarver who dropped 40lbs after the Rocky movie.
    So first you make a statement that every fight you seen him in has been boring and sloppy. Now when one mentions the ones who weren't boring and sloppy the excuses come out?

Why even make a thread just to make excuses?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      How did Mosley look against Mayorga? How did he look against Margarito?

Who trained Hopkins against Calzaghe? Who trained Hopkins against Pavlik?

Anyways, every fighter should have Richardson on their team. At the very least as an assistant and have him in charge of checking gloves. He knows more about the commission rules than the commission does. And, obviously any other trainer does too.
      That's true.

Margarito was plastered up. He arguably saved Mosley's life or lots of brain damage.

Comment

Is Leonard Ellerbe a great corner man? In what sense? Because, erotically rubs Mayweather shoulders? I can give you examples of Richardson being a great corner man... Now give me one of Ellerbe.

So if Mayorga has a different style at a different weight, then why even mention him as a put down to Richardson?
        You said he would be a good corner man, I said well if he is just a good corner man to have around then how does that make him a great trainer...

also many fighters get rubbed in the corner, its happened all through history, null point.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          That's true.

Margarito was plastered up. He arguably saved Mosley's life or lots of brain damage.
          SO Margarito was already mentally damaged and defeated before the contest and was in a different mindset than being in a fight?

Mosley had no strategy in that fight and just went in there throwing haymakers vs a guy he knew was already defeated.

Him finding the plaster was good...just what a GREAT Corner man would do.

Comment

Originally posted by DOM 3.0
            You can't do anything with Margarito as it is, he is what he is, a slow brawler with no defensive skills, it's his will, determination, conditioning and durability that got him this far and he's already battle warn. Margarito legs have slowed a lot too, so I don't know what you were expecting Garcia to do. Rios wasn't gonna make 135 no matter what, I don't know how one could downplay Garcia for that. You can already see improvement in Pavlik, most of his fighters at least keep a tight guard and throw short compact punches. Soon you'll see a change in Maidana...
            Robert like Roach is wearing himself too thin. People got this misconception that a great trainer can just train any fighter and it will workout. No, that's not the case. The 2 most important things between a trainer and a fighter is chemistry and respect. If there is no chemistry then shit will not workout. No matter how good the fighter is or how good the trainer is perceived to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              SO Margarito was already mentally damaged and defeated before the contest and was in a different mindset than being in a fight?
              I'm not talking about the strategy Richardson brought to the fight; just commenting on him finding the plaster.

Team Cotto didn't have anyone checking Marg's gloves the fight prior.

Comment

Shane was roided vs Margarito. I think that's pretty obvious.

Comment

Robert like Roach is wearing himself too thin. People got this misconception that a great trainer can just train any fighter and it will workout. No, that's not the case. The 2 most important things between a trainer and a fighter is chemistry and respect. If there is no chemistry then shit will not workout. No matter how good the fighter is or how good the trainer is perceived to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    Shane was roided vs Margarito. I think that's pretty obvious.

I have always kinda thought that....

Comment

WTF with this trainers suddenly overrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X