No announcement yet.

Rugby championships in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby championships in Vegas

So I watched about 6 matches of it this weekend and I'm absolutely certain that Nfl athletes SMASH rigby players all day every day. The contact is completely different, the rugby players are waaaaay slower. Its not even close to close. You could put 3rd string rbs safeties or lb's on the rugby field and they would murk RSA, Samoa, Black shirts etc.

It was fun to watch for sure, but all this shi t is put to bed.

I watched it yesterday also. Did you see that one guy from USA running circles around everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      So I watched about 6 matches of it this weekend and I'm absolutely certain that Nfl athletes SMASH rigby players all day every day. The contact is completely different, the rugby players are waaaaay slower. Its not even close to close. You could put 3rd string rbs safeties or lb's on the rugby field and they would murk RSA, Samoa, Black shirts etc.

It was fun to watch for sure, but all this shi t is put to bed.
      It's only manly if you're wearing tights and shoulder pads.

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      I watched it yesterday also. Did you see that one guy from USA running circles around everyone?
      So it wasn't the Six Nations that's on.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Stay out of New York.

Comment

Thats Rugby Sevens you ****ing ignorant mong

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Regardless of what tourny it was you have to appreciate the ridiculous speed the guy has.

Comment

An NFL player would not have the stamina to last a normal Rugby Union game let alone a Rugby 7's match. Although the matches are short (like 14 minutes or something) the intensity is off the chain, they are basically sprinting the whole time and covering massive distances.

Even so Rugby 7's is not where Rugby's best athletes are.

Poor comparison.

Comment

If you really want a sport where NFL players could cross over then try Rugby League for your smaller running guys. Rules are similar (you run, get tackled, reset etc). You have to make a certain distance before you get tackled a certain number of times.

But theres not really any breaks though so maybe try a bit of endurance training.

And for the more... errr... rotund NFL players, try this...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

I didnt see any usa matches.

Samoa v fiji, england g scotland, samoa v australia, south africa v new zealand.

No big hits, some semi decent tackles.

I cant figure out why some tackles guys can keep running after and sometimes they cant.

Comment

Working...
                    X