Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mosley was one of Canelo's Toughest Opponents (out of 41) Why Should he Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    Shane Mosley had a great career, but it's time to hang em up. If you didn't see it on May 5th then you should just go back to watching Desperate Housewives.
    if a man even watches that show then that alone destroys his credibility

Comment

cintron, gomez, rhodes, and hatton haven't reached what mosley has achieved in his career so they still have something to prove. mosley on the other hand has already been on top and should go out on top. can't knock on him for trying to get back up there but it just isn't happening. his performance in his recent fights have been crap. he doesn't have it anymore. it's not good to see fighters who were once great turn into stepping stones.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
        Mosley looked terrible man and had 0 snap on his punches.it's over
        Ya, Mosleys power in that fight made Malignaggi look like a monstrous puncher.

It was terrible, and his last 4 fights have been terrible. If Mosley continues to fight, he needs to fight guys like Margo. Slow plodding no defense come forward fighters. But he should retire for sure, he is degrading his legacy like Roy Jones is doing to himself.

Its not only the fact that he loses badly int he fights, but how delusional he is when he talks about the fight in the buildup. Like for this Canelo one, said he would KO him and feels better and stronger than ever. I don't care if he is saying it just to sell the fight, its disgraceful and he has nothing left.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
          Ya, Mosleys power in that fight made Malignaggi look like a monstrous puncher.

It was terrible, and his last 4 fights have been terrible. If Mosley continues to fight, he needs to fight guys like Margo. Slow plodding no defense come forward fighters. But he should retire for sure, he is degrading his legacy like Roy Jones is doing to himself.

Its not only the fact that he loses badly int he fights, but how delusional he is when he talks about the fight in the buildup. Like for this Canelo one, said he would KO him and feels better and stronger than ever. I don't care if he is saying it just to sell the fight, its disgraceful and he has nothing left.
          I remember at one point in time when hearing Shane Mosley lost was a shocker!

Now it's like "Oh, BTW, Shane Mosley lost last night; in other news" lol

Comment

Mosley has never been hit so cleanly as Canelo hit him repeatedly. Time to retire. His corner has no intention of stopping his bouts, time to save himself.

Comment

I don't think he troubled Canelo at all. Canelo took his time and teed off on him. No power on his shots and very easy to hit. He needs to retire.

Comment

i think tyner was his toughest opponent he got under his skin too

Comment

He should retire for The simple fact that his speech is slurring really bad. First ballot h.o.f no question. But man hang em up already

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Although he didn't do exceptionally, I thought Shane Mosley (age 40) had his moments in the Canelo fight and posed probably one the toughest tests for Canelo in a long time. Some people called for Mosley's retirement but if so, then shouldn't we ask Canelo's previous 4 opponents retire too as they didn't even perform in the ring as well as Mosley did?

That would include Kermit Cintron (age 32) Alfonso Gomez (age 31) Ryan Rhodes (age 35) Matthew Hatton (age 31). These guys, some of who are nearly 10 years younger than Mosley, couldn't match the level of Mosley's performance. What criteria dictates when a boxer should retire :- his age or how well is able to perform?

Which of Canelo's other opponents should retire because their performance in the ring was inferior to Mosley's?
                    So beating on an Old Punching bag is his hardest fight ? I say Cotto's brother was a bit harder he had canelo hurt. Just face Mosley needs to go wha kept Mosley from being kock out was all the roids in his body.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                      Mosley has never been hit so cleanly as Canelo hit him repeatedly. Time to retire. His corner has no intention of stopping his bouts, time to save himself.
                      guess you missed the Floyd fight.but yea Canelo was hitting him harder than Floyd of course

Comment

Working...
                      X