Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns or McClellan? Who hit harder?

McClellan 31 wins (29 ko)

Hearns 61 wins (48 ko)

Do u think McClellan could of put away Leonard or stopped Duran the way Hearns did?

Could Hearns of KO'd Jackson twice in the first round?
    G-man
    50.00%
    The Hitman
    50.00%
    I have another wise-ass answer
    0.00%

I think those last few questions have more to do with how good of a fighter they were.

Anyway, Mcclellan had heavier hands, wich also has a lot to do with his power in both hands, wich Hearns kinda lacked imo. He had a great right hand, one of the best ever but he didnt have the power in both hands like Gman. Early in his career, Mcclellan had as much Timing and accuracy as the Hitman, but later he just chopped on his opponents, showing his true power.

Gman had more raw power.

Comment

i like socks

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Peru
        McClellan 31 wins (29 ko)

Hearns 61 wins (48 ko)

Do u think McClellan could of put away Leonard or stopped Duran the way Hearns did?

Could Hearns of KO'd Jackson twice in the first round?
        Hearn's fights were spread out between 147 and 190, though....also, you have to look at the whiskers of the opposistion for an accurate depiction.

As far as Jackson is concerned, Yes...Hearns could have kayoed him in 1...that Jackson was on the downside after his first kayo loss to McClellan, so it was in the back of his mind. Accurately, the question would be if Hearns could kayo Jackson in one of their second match if he had kayoed him in 5 (?..think GM kayod JJ in 5 the first time) in their first fight.

Jackson didn't take a great punch as big punchers often don't.
        Benn didn't take a great shot either.....
        Last edited by K-DOGG; 08-10-2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fistlegend
          i like socks
          i like t-shirts LOL

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG
            Hearn's fights were spread out between 147 and 190, though....also, you have to look at the whiskers of the opposistion for an accurate depiction.

As far as Jackson is concerned, Yes...Hearns could have kayoed him in 1...that Jackson was on the downside after his first kayo loss to McClellan, so it was in the back of his mind. Accurately, the question would be if Hearns could kayo Jackson in one of their second match if he had kayoed him in 5 (?..think GM kayod JJ in 5 the first time) in their first fight.

Jackson didn't take a great punch as big punchers often don't.
            Benn didn't take a great shot either.....
            yea, ur right.

As for Benn, i think Hearns could of put him away.
            And im not sure G-man could of ko'd Duran so quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Peru
              yea, ur right.

As for Benn, i think Hearns could of put him away.
              And im not sure G-man could of ko'd Duran so quick.
              I'm not sure G-Man coulda kayoed Duran at all...maybe not even beat him.

Comment

Yeah ok, nice. But who hit harder?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman
                  Yeah ok, nice. But who hit harder?
                  Pound-4-Pound Hearns had the hardest Straight Right in History, IMHO.....but McClellan's hook was better.

Howz zat?

Comment

Especially Mcclellans left hook to the body. One of the nicest things ive seen from the sweet science. But gyeah, i understand. Good post.

Comment

Working...
                    X