Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing a perfect jab?

Reading lot of boxing sites on how to throw a good jab

like this http://how-to-box.net/index.php/the-jab/

Any other tips ya can give me mates. Hittin gym 1st time tomorro, I want to impress.

Just do your best of whatever your coach tell you to do. Train hard and remember you're only as good as.the work you put in yourself

Comment

When it comes to punching...just let it go. The harder you try to punch hard, the harder it is. Turn your hips first.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanhatton View Post
        Reading lot of boxing sites on how to throw a good jab

like this http://how-to-box.net/index.php/the-jab/

Any other tips ya can give me mates. Hittin gym 1st time tomorro, I want to impress.
        Don't go to the gym looking to impress, go to the gym looking to learn.

Comment

Thanks for the tips I think I done my wrist in tho on the heavy bag and I got a pain up my arm. I didnt really follow the advice properly in that article now that I read it. I was throwing like a moron.

Comment

What punch where you throwing when you hurt your arm? Alot of people hurt their arm when they are throwing a hook. Just wondering.

Comment

it's all about technique, also don't hit the bag or even pads without proper wrapping or you'll injure yourself

Comment

I've been taught to fire the jab from your elbows tucked in and rotating your arm/ fist over to create the punch. I also have been told to slightly over-compensate the rotation of the wrist, so that when you are sparring/ in a match, or doing bag work. you are more prone to the proper technique. Also remember to keep your hand up to protect your face when throwing the jab, a lot of people have a bad habit of dropping their straight when throwing a jab.

As far as injury goes, the jab should be thrown with snap, but not to the point where you are completely locking your elbow. For shadow-boxing, I typically mix in a variety of jabs, anywhere from fast/ quick jabs, to a moer powerful one punch jab. The point of shadowboxing is to perfect your technique, so dont be afraid to slow it down in front of the mirror to make sure you are getting it down right. I often see people shadowboxing, and theres no rhyme or reason to what they are doing, they are just throwing random, bad formed punches, and dont even practice defense.

Comment

Working...
                X