No announcement yet.

Clottey = Underrated win for Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clottey = Underrated win for Pac

Look, I'm not saying that this is some sort of ATG or career defining victory for Pac, but people just tend to sweep this one under the rug as if Pac beat some sort of cab driver. Clottey was a huge welterweight (rehydrating to 170lbs I believe). He gave everybody problems in the division. He was on his way to beating Margarito before he broke his hand, beat Judah & Corrales, and lost a very debatable decision to Cotto that many felt he won (I personally thought Cotto won, but have no problem with people saying otherwise). Pac completely shut him out. It was a good, solid victory for him. Nothing special, but certainly not a joke of a victory that people make it out to be.

***in before "Clottey took a dive."***

clottey didn't even fight that night so no, just no

Comment

Very much so. It was Pacman's greatest win over 140.

Comment

good win, but hardly a great one though
        Pac was just taking care of a mandatory/upper level journeyman
        credit to Pac for scaring the damn guy outta the fight
        Clottey lost closely to others, got shutout by Pac

Comment

Clottey's previous victories don't mean jack **** when all he did in the Pacquiao fight was cover his face and walk backwards. Anybody in the world would have won a decision against him fighting like that, that's why it gets ignored. You can't say he took a dive because there's no proof, but there's proof he fought like a scared puzzy. Meaningless win.

Comment

true...clottey was the IBF world champ before facing cotto (vacated the title to face cotto for the WBO belt). he was also ranked the #5 best welterweight..and his 3 losses weren't that bad...DQ against baldomir, UD against margarito (but like u said he hurt his hand in that fight), and a controversial SD against cotto. it's just that he looked scared as hell against pac...

Comment

Lol how about no....

One of the worst fights right behind the mosley one..

Comment

I was at the fight lol, I thought it was going to be a great fight to be honest but clottey stank that place out, he basically devalue that fight/win for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing is alive View Post
                  Look, I'm not saying that this is some sort of ATG or career defining victory for Pac, but people just tend to sweep this one under the rug as if Pac beat some sort of cab driver. Clottey was a huge welterweight (rehydrating to 170lbs I believe). He gave everybody problems in the division. He was on his way to beating Margarito before he broke his hand, beat Judah & Corrales, and lost a very debatable decision to Cotto that many felt he won (I personally thought Cotto won, but have no problem with people saying otherwise). Pac completely shut him out. It was a good, solid victory for him. Nothing special, but certainly not a joke of a victory that people make it out to be.

***in before "Clottey took a dive."***
                  Sure looked like a joke of a victory to me.

Comment

was there to we couldve been sittin next to eachother lol

Comment

Working...
                    X