No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Pacquiao-Marquez, Future For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Pacquiao-Marquez, Future For Both

On Saturday night, Mexico City’s Juan Manuel Marquez produced the most stirring victory of his career in stopping his rival Manny Pacquiao in dramatic fashion inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Facing Pacquiao for a fourth time, Marquez found himself involved in another incredible battle, as the two fighters traded knockdowns before a bloodied Juan Manuel unleashed a short right hand in the closing seconds of the sixth round that dropped Pacquiao to the canvas and left him unconscious.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rios is a great come back fight for Manny. If Marquez wants to be Bradley he needs to forget about the strength training he did for Manny and work on his flexibility and boxing ONLY. The strength payed off only cuz Manny walked into a shot because Roach was telling him to be extremely aggressive. But b4 the knockout you could see how stiff JMM looked, being that stiff and flat footed against a fast smart guy like Bradley is trouble, JMM just won't keep up with him and will look his age and get outworked, he needs to work on boxing and being fast thats all. A better fight for JMM would be Danny Garcia but I think he's with TR now and GBP has Garcia so I don't see how they would get that fight done. Would love to see JMM lay Garcia the **** out tho

Comment

I don't get why there's going to be a fifth fight if the point of the fourth was to have a definitive ending. I think they need to take on Bradly and Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
        I don't get why there's going to be a fifth fight if the point of the fourth was to have a definitive ending. I think they need to take on Bradly and Rios
        I would love a fifth fight, the fights have been great, I miss the old days when guys would have crazy 4-6 fight rivalries and plus Manny deserves to go out on a better note than that, to me JMM beat him 4 times now but he's always given JMM all he can handle he didn't deserve to go out face first KO'd cold like that

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
          funny u mention this. Alot of casual fans at my work who saw the fight are actually looking forward to a 5th fight believe it or not. I was actually surprised, but then realized these people has no clue about the entire rivalry. But from what it is, these casuals saw a GREAT fight that night in which they believed Pac had it in the bag until that great counter that KO'd Pac.

I personally think they should end it, but based on what people around me are talking about, there seems to be ALOT of interest on a 5th fight. I'm actually shocked to hear this from casual viewers.

And I'm not even talking about pac nuthuggers, just casual viewers who saw the fight at the bars and their buddies' home.

It was a great night of boxing, and it left the average guy wanting some more, which is always good for boxing. Question is: do Pac and Marquez wanna dance again?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            On Saturday night, Mexico City’s Juan Manuel Marquez produced the most stirring victory of his career in stopping his rival Manny Pacquiao in dramatic fashion inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Facing Pacquiao for a fourth time, Marquez found himself involved in another incredible battle, as the two fighters traded knockdowns before a bloodied Juan Manuel unleashed a short right hand in the closing seconds of the sixth round that dropped Pacquiao to the canvas and left him unconscious.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            HBO wants a 5th fight because it makes them money. There is just no need for another. There was no need for a 4th.

Comment

A fifth fight would be one of the biggest that could be made in the sport in 2013.

I have a feeling it will happen, there's a lot of money to be made.

Comment

Manny spanks Rios.

Comment

at this point I think a manny-rios fight could be a good thing. manny absolutely bulldozes and humiliates tomato can, which will be a plus, gets a nice easy win, gets confidence back and moves forward, maybe with a bradley rematch... hopefully he doesnt retire!

Comment

The fight Saturday lit the Boxing world on fire and the great publicity is going to help Boxing big time. I am a fan of both fighters and split between them as my favorites for years. Would never want to see JMM or Floyd face down like Pac was. JMM vs Bradley, Floyd vs Canelo/Martinez, Pac vs Rios and then the winners of these 3 fights face each other unless Martinez wins cause no one is going to jump that high in weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X