Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone is ignoring the fact that Shane past it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone is ignoring the fact that Shane past it.

He looked good against Margarito but so have alot of Margarito's opponents. Really, Mayweather wouldn't be proving much by beating Shane, Pacquaio and Cotto deserve it more, their in there prime and can hang with Floyd(Atleast, more then Shane)

Shane was getting outboxed by Cotto at times, he isn't what he used to be...Mayweather isn't gonna be infront of him like Margarito. Shane's 4 inch jab isn't gonna help him, he has 0 adaptability, typical speedy brawler and when Floyd dominates Shane, you people will get a sick pain in your stomach and think to yourself "Damn, I wish he'd of faced Cotto" Wana talk about easy pickings?..

Shane is easy pickings and you people are too blind to see it.
    Last edited by El Dominicano; 04-23-2009, 06:10 PM.

I think Mayweather has a good chance to beat Shane. It would be a dangerous fight, but I could imagine Mayweather outboxing Shane to a decision. One thing is that Mosley will turn it into a complete fight if he gets outboxed and Mayweather will have a 160 lbs beast checking his chin.

Comment

i co-sign the OP 100%!!!

i been saying this but no one's listening

remember how written off shane was after the mayorga bout? he's in the exact same position as b-hop, but he's even more past it

jmm, pacman, cotto, even clottey are worth more as wins than shane now imo

Comment

Originally posted by Tek My Pounches View Post
        I think Mayweather has a good chance to beat Shane. It would be a dangerous fight, but I could imagine Mayweather outboxing Shane to a decision. One thing is that Mosley will turn it into a complete fight if he gets outboxed and Mayweather will have a 160 lbs beast checking his chin.
        It won't be competitive. In the end, I'll be laughing at how Mayweather will be considered the best WW having beat Shane in a non-competitive fight.

Comment

He still has enough to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            i co-sign the OP 100%!!!

i been saying this but no one's listening

remember how written off shane was after the mayorga bout? he's in the exact same position as b-hop, but he's even more past it

jmm, pacman, cotto, even clottey are worth more as wins than shane now imo
            Oh but ain't it GREAT how alot of people want to see Mayweather fight Shane. I'm the fan here and I've been telling people this

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              Oh but ain't it GREAT how alot of people want to see Mayweather fight Shane. I'm the fan here and I've been telling people this
              yeah i know what you mean, but they'd come around to our way of thinking and then some once floyd has actually beaten the crap outta poor shane

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                It won't be competitive. In the end, I'll be laughing at how Mayweather will be considered the best WW having beat Shane in a non-competitive fight.
                I think it will be somewhat competitive, but Shane has a clear weakness for pure boxers.

Comment

If Cotto gets passed Clottey, I'm in favor of Floyd vs. Cotto.

The only danger Pac threatens Floyd with is if Floyd isn't the same fighter because of age and inactivity. A strong, younger (although not that young), more active fighter who is great at heavy intensity like Pac, could trouble an older, inactive fighter...especially one that wasn't looking that great (in my opinion) before he left, Floyd Jr. But if Floyd can even show up like he did against Hatton, Pac will get taken apart in the fight by the end.

For Shane: Shane can always turn back the clock for another fight and can even show some good points throughout a fight even now (when not at his best), but at this point in his career, he has a bigger chance than ever to show up looking his age. The positive with Shane is that he has never really taking punishment and has never been knocked out. But years of wear and tear catches up to you.

It all depends on how Floyd is right now.

Age is different for everybody but at some point you will hit a wall.

Comment

Mr boat buyer beats all these guys. Thing is Pac, JMM, and Cotto get KTFO imo, and SSM doesn't. He's old but not shot. He's the top dog at 147 and has the best shot against Mr boat buyer imo, even tho I think he gets UD'd. Mr boat buyer won't fight him anyway so it's a moot point.

Comment

Working...
                    X