Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Rees Has Fight Offers in The U.S. in Early Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Rees Has Fight Offers in The U.S. in Early Summer

Eddie Hearn says that Gavin Rees’ fearless performance against Adrian Broner for the WBC World lightweight title in Atlantic City on Saturday will lead to another World title challenge in 2013.

Rees’ brave effort ended on the cusp of the bell to end the entertaining contest in the fifth round – with the Welshman earning plaudits from fans and pundits both stateside and in Britain for his gutsy display.

Hearn has already begun plotting Rees’ next move and said that the reaction to his performance could prompt a return to America, but that a big UK fight is also a possibility as ‘The Rock’ continues his quest to become a two-weight World champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Made a fan out of me. I like Rees.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      Made a fan out of me. I like Rees.
      That some real shyt right here, Rees should get a US passport for that effort he displayed.

Comment

The guy showed a lot of heart I give him props.

Comment

It was a really watchable fight. Rees came to win and gave it 100%. His stock has risen now massively. Much like Chisora's did after losing to Vitali; he's now a star.

Comment

Good for him. When you perform well, you will be rewarded

Comment

Good, he has always been under rated. Sadly he has lots of attributes but big punching power isn't one otherwise he would be a real force.

Comment

I've been trying to think who Rees should fight next. How about Rees v Kevin Mitchell or John Murray?

What are his options stateside? De Marco? Abril?

Entertainment wise i reckon Rees v Murray is the best scrap (whats going on with him anyway he hasnt fought since the Rios fight?)

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  That some real shyt right here, Rees should get a US passport for that effort he displayed.
                  Hell yeah, man. Good pre-fight account of himself, and he came to fight against a top shelf opponent.

Comment

If Rees can make 130 let's see Salido vs Rees, he looked small at 135, this would be a WAR.

Comment

Working...
                    X