Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean Sugar Ray Leonard waited for Hagler to get old..? Why does everyone try to use this argument with Cotto. Cotto looked better in Margarito II/Mayweather than he did back in 07.

With that said, I believe he would have whooped everyone though with some trouble. I mean Margarito's stamina and pressure could rival his defensive style well. Then again, he has an incredible defense. Same with Williams volume punching but whats it worth if he gets picked apart and might not find Mayweather?

Of course there are other variables/possibilities and such to determine but I guess we won't really know since those fights never happened. Which I wish they would of, the truth supersedes everything. If he had taken those fights, would that really eliminate the amount of hate hes got?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      It's obvious to any impartial fan of the sport that he did.

He left when Cotto was at the highest peak of his career, Margarito was a threat to anybody, and Paul Williams was stomping around the division throwing thousands of punches per fight.

Then he comes back when Cotto's been beaten to hell, Margarito is exposed as a fraud, and Paul Williams has left the division in pursuit of people who actually want to fight him.
      I like Floyd alot, but this is true and Ill have to agree 100%.

Green K!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        Cotto in his prime could never touch Floyd. Hes a bleeder. Nobody with any damn sense would pick a prime Cotto over a prime Floyd Mayweather. Facing Floyd in 2012 and not 2007 was the best carreer move Cotto ever made.
        Not correct. Cotto became paper thin skin after Margarito plastered him and crushed his inner tissue/epidermis creating lots of scar tissue reason Cotto gets marked so easily now.

If you see all his fights BEFORE the Margarito you'll see. Even with Mosley, where they exchanged brutally, he only had a bit of bleed from the lip.

The bleeding vs "headbutt" Clotty was due to just that, massive headbutt.

Get the facts straight and stop spreading false rumors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
          Not correct. Cotto became paper thin skin after Margarito plastered him and crushed his inner tissue/epidermis creating lots of scar tissue reason Cotto gets marked so easily now.

If you see all his fights BEFORE the Margarito you'll see. Even with Mosley, where they exchanged brutally, he only had a bit of bleed from the lip.

The bleeding vs "headbutt" Clotty was due to just that, massive headbutt.

Get the facts straight and stop spreading false rumors.
          No verison of Cotto beats Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
            No verison of Cotto beats Mayweather
            I did not say if Cotto beats him or not, I was talking about the bleeder comments.

I think that the fight would turn out just like in 2012, a great scrap, with FMJr. winning by decision, but a closer fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
              The vote is 136-18.

Most people realize, Floyd was shook.
              Yup, and it turns out he's still shook. Ducking Martinez, Canelo, and even fucking Robert Guerrero. Ducking his own cherry pick, how does that even happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                Yup, and it turns out he's still shook. Ducking Martinez, Canelo, and even fucking Robert Guerrero. Ducking his own cherry pick, how does that even happen?

Floyd is probably the only boxer in history who ducked his own cherry pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Floyd is probably the only boxer in history who ducked his own cherry pick.
                  Haha that might be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    LOL @ "ducked his own cherry pick".

Comment

• Shook by who? Quintana? Cotto who just went life and death with Mosley? C'mon now.

Comment

Working...
                      X