No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux: ‘Top Rank Cannot Violate its Word”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Rigondeaux: ‘Top Rank Cannot Violate its Word”

Gary Hyde, the manager of junior featherweight titleholder Guillermo Rigondeaux, informed BoxingScene.com that his client is first in line to face the reigning king of the division, Nonito Donaire.

Rigondeaux (11-0, 8 KOs) has been the frontrunner to land the Apr. 13 bout, but fellow 122-pound titlist Abner Mares and his team have made their case to face Donaire (31-1, 20 KOs).

This past weekend, Golden Boy, promoter of Mares (25-0, 13 KOs), sent a contract offer to Donaire’s handlers for a sum of $3 million. BoxingScene.com obtained a copy of the contract and posted it online earlier on Tuesday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

True that. Donaire ain't fighting for Golden boy on showtime.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux was the fight everyone was calling for anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      True that. Donaire ain't fighting for Golden boy on showtime.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux was the fight everyone was calling for anyway.
      I never saw anything about showtime but im all for this fight too. Not a fan of either but seems like a good fight. Not sure the hype around rigo but many on here calling for it so ok.

Mares or Rigo. Anything else is a joke. Mares offered contract and rigo claims to have one so no excuses

Comment

Lol, yes he can

Comment

Well said Mr. Hyde!

Donaire has to fight the best guy, and the best guy is Rigo. After that who cares what he does. But Rigo is a lot better than Mares, more skilled, more dangerous.

If Donaire is a real man he fights Rigo. If he wants an easy non-competitive fight go with Mares.

Rigo signed a contract just to fight Donaire. TR should honor that ASAP.

Comment

If he fights Nonito,

Let me check my crystal ball....

I, see, a future for Rigondeaux.........

Won 11 (KO 8) + lost 1 (KO 1) + drawn 0 = 11

Comment

Pretty sure Top Rank could do just that but they probably won't since they got plenty of heat over this, so fighting Rigondeaux gets people to shut up a bit.

Rigondeaux should send Schaeffer a fruit basket or at least a thank you card~

Comment

I love how Hyde talks about how Rigo will be happy to fight Mares after beating Donaire. Cheeky.

Comment

Gary Hyde is lying. Top Rank has a contract with Rigo to make the fight against Donaire but it doesn't specify the date!!! Therefore, there's absolutely nothing binding Top Rank to make the Nonito vs Guillermo fight in April!!!

Comment

Get the fight done. Mares ain't happening but this is a top notch consolation prize.

Comment

Working...
                    X