Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is JMM an ATG? If not can he attain that status?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is JMM an ATG? If not can he attain that status?

Let me start by saying that I think Marquez is an amazing boxer. ATG? I guess it depends on who you ask. No one appears to have a real formula for choosing.
    From what I've heard there are a few categories that count.

ATG's on resume check
    excellent skills check
    winning record check
    multiple divisions check
    takes on all check

If there are any categories I missed that disqualify him from the conversation please enlighten me. By these standards and the controversial fights with Pacquiao I find it hard to keep him out.

Yes, he is. And thanks to these Pacquiao fights history will remember that.

Comment

Lost all his big fights check

Comment

chris john is an all time greater

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Lost all his big fights check
          If Pacquiao didn't get those lucky decisions JMM would be rated one of the best ever and Pacquiao wouldn't be as highly rated. What a difference a couple of points on the cards make.

Comment

No.

This guy conned everyone into thinking he's great. Fighting Pacquiao every couple of years with some EZ, tailor-made fights in between does not equal greatness.

Excluding Pac...MAB, Casamayor, Kats, and Diaz are his best official wins. That is not an ATG resume IMO.

Barrera's last hurrah was in '06 when he was going life and death with Rocky Juarez. He didn't do anything relevant after that.

Casamayor previously had received a gift with a bow on top in the Santa Cruz fight. He looked terrible and clearly lost. He also was coming off a yearlong layoff and fighting Corrales 3x, Castillo, Freitas, prime Nate Campbell. His body was DONE.

Diaz, good win, probably JMM's best official win. Diaz was a good fighter but was basically a full time LAW student when they fought. Still a good win.

It pains me to say it but Kats is just a journeyman. He's EZ to hit and comes right at you, tailor-made for JMM. It was a stay busy fight for Pacquiao III.

JMM also has wins over Juarez, Gainer, Peden, and Salido (NOW you can say it's a good win). Mediocre.

This is a good resume, maybe even a HOF, but ATG, LEGEND? GTFO. This con artist owes his entire career and life to one man, Manny Pacquiao. Without him, his legacy is ****. He is not greater than Barrera, Morales, or even Castillo. Not a chance. Those guys fought the best at their best. This guy took EZ fights and followed Pac around like a psycho ex-gf.

Comment

with out question......

He's definitely an ATG

Comment

Keep in mind, this piss guzzler could have fought Khan, Rios, Matthysse, Bradley, Valero, Guzman, Morales, Hamed, etc. But nope. He settled for sucking Pacquiao's ****. And if he loses next month, I GUARANFUKINTEE he will call for a 5TH fight!

Comment

marquez is already an ATG. just typing down his credintials would take forever. along with morales and barrera

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                    marquez is already an ATG. just typing down his credintials would take forever. along with morales and barrera
                    Someone with some sense! There is hope for NSB!

Comment

Working...
                    X