Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you box or just like to say you do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you box or just like to say you do?

I've been reading some of your workout routines and I'm wondering where the boxing is? Most of you guys seem more concerned about how cut you look, how many plates of metal you can press and the dimensions of your biceps.

But how many perfect left jabs can you do without dropping your right? Have you defended enough hooks that you can do it in your sleep because your reflexes just kick in? How light are you on your feet? How do you react when someone who can benchpress twice as much as you just doesn't stop throwing combinations? Do you look into his punches? Is your technique good enough so you just knock him out?

Trust me. I can't press and pull and lift ****. And if I saw pics of your bodies I'd probably be perving on you all day (I'm a chick, not gay). I'm just wondering where the boxing skills are....

Good thread, yea a box, i dnt do weights anymore. A do bodyweight and run and box thats it

Comment

yeh i box check my vids out if u want but im resting at the moment cause im going away in a few days to the army.

Comment

I been boxing since I was 15 or so, but I don't do it much anymore since I left the gym. I was too lazy back then to follow up & I have to deal with College now. I still have a heavybag at my home that I practice on from time to time.

Originally posted by sterling View Post
        yeh i box check my vids out if u want but im resting at the moment cause im going away in a few days to the army.
        Good luck to you...

Comment

I box i do weights to because I want to get to a certain strength and power before i stop lifting, i have never posted vids or anything because honestly i dont care enough about this site or what people think of me on it to post videos of myself training

Comment

i box, and i've never lifted weights. i do push ups though. but im strictly conditioning. running, jumproping, pure conditioning exercises, too many to name

Comment

i used to lift weights a while back but i stopped once i started boxing. weight lifting made me slow and stiff and thats so bad in boxing, i needed to be fast, and quick to move around to avoid getting hit. i was influenced by a pro to do this when a pro got in the ring with me to light spar and he dominated me with quick jabs lol so i was like **** the weights i wanna be like that guy.

Comment

I think there are two reasons for this phenomenon.

1. A lot of people in here don't really box.

2. The strength and conditioning areas of training are much easier to discuss and give advice about on a forum. They can be quantified. Boxing technique and tactics are too complex to debate/teach/explain in writing on a board. As an example for a thread: How do I throw a left hook? Well, you could write a book on the subject, and not get to the end of it. That stuff is much better explained person to person in the gym.

Comment

I box. I am off to the gym in 20 mins lol.

Comment

here is a picture of me after my 5th fight! I won by the way. just to prove to you I do box!

Comment

Working...
                    X