Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    he's losing his legs ...... which forces him to stand toe 2 toe

inb4 denial
    What does losing ur legs have to do with throwing 17 punch combos...not only that, but Floyd actually ran, and boxed in this fight...U been listening to roach too much...Floyd is a student of the game, he improves each and every fight...against Marquez he had no power, so he worked on it for his fight with Shane...against Shane, he was overly cautious, and very flatfooted, and he was criticized for both...when Pac fought shane, pac threw caution to the wind, and was still able to avoid punches, thats when Floyd realized he wasted portions of his career being more cautious than he needed to be, so he wanted to be more exciting, and this new Floyd was brought about during the promotion for the ortiz fight...against Ortiz, he threw twice as many punches as he threw againt shane, his feet were faster, walked him down, and perfct aggression..BUT he only threw three punches...hooks, right hands, lead rights....against Cotto and Omar, he was closer to perfected...he threw every punch in the book, sweeping rights, which I never saw him throw, better angles, more sharper, diverse arsenal, but he was almost so aggressive that he was reckless in some spots...Floyd will be better in his next fight...it doesnt stop may 5th...few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of them!
    Last edited by MurkaMan; 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      He does it for the fans.
      Great comment...he wanted to bring more excitement for the fans...easier way to put it, than I did!

Comment

Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
        I'm starting to think that too. I mean he was still able to navigate around the ring when he wanted to but he was on the ropes alot and getting tagged ..
        Against Omar, Floyd was practicing how to counter with combinations off the ropes...on the ropes, he would counter 3 of cotto's punches, with 17 of his own punches...I cant remember if it was the 5th or 6th round, but he countered with a 17 punch combo off the ropes!..I loved it man..I loved it!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          What does losing ur legs have to do with throwing 17 punch combos...not only that, but Floyd actually ran, and boxed in this fight...U been listening to roach too much...Floyd is a student of the game, he improves each and every fight...against Marquez he had no power, so he worked on it for his fight with Shane...against Shane, he was overly cautious, and very flatfooted, and he was criticized for both...when Pac fought shane, pac threw caution to the wind, and was still able to avoid punches, thats when Floyd realized he wasted portions of his career being more cautious than he needed to be, so he wanted to be more exciting, and this new Floyd was brought about during the promotion for the ortiz fight...against Ortiz, he threw twice as many punches as he threw againt shane, his feet were faster, walked him down, and perfct aggression..BUT he only threw three punches...hooks, right hands, lead rights....against Cotto and Omar, he was closer to perfected...he threw every punch in the book, sweeping rights, which I never saw him throw, better angles, more sharper, but he was almost so aggressive that he was reckless in some spots...Floyd will be better in his next fight...he doesnt stop may 5th...few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of them!
          Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Great comment...he wanted to bring more excitement for the fans...easier way to put it, than I did!
          No..... he's losing his legs

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            No..... he's losing his legs
            Quit lying, He ran damn near half of the fight when his corner told him to get off the ropes...there is no such thing as losing ur legs...where did they go?...Did they vanish?..LMAO...If u train with 5lb ankle weights, and u feel older, then u start training with 15lb ankle weights...the older u get the harder u train!...Watch the fight as evidence to what Im saying!

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
              What made his start back putting his punches together?
              Because hes willing to be more exciting for the fans.

Comment

Because he's being forced to.

Anyone who actually thinks hes "doing it for the fans" is an idiot.

Comment

he used combo's because he HAD to, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Because he's being forced to.

Anyone who actually thinks hes "doing it for the fans" is an idiot.
                    He threw twice as many combos against Ortiz than he threw against Mosley, against Cotto, he let his hands go from the 2nd round when Cotto got frustrated and picked him up, Floyd started making him pay...in the 4th round, he started opening up BIG time...against Omar henry, he was countering with combinations off the ropes...Floyd has been trying to improve his offense ever since the Mosley fight...few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of em

Comment

I reckon hes trying to look as exciting as the other guy whos always mentioned in the same sentence as him... He sure looked it against cotto, no doubt... He was also looking that way against Ortiz!

Comment

Working...
                      X