No announcement yet.

What if the Cotto/Mayweather fight had 8oz Gloves instead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the Cotto/Mayweather fight had 8oz Gloves instead

What do y'all think, Would Floyd have stopped Cotto, or would Cotto have had a shot at knocking Floyd out.

I dont know if it would have been a huge difference, but just some thoughts.

Than you would have seen a lot more than a bloody nose from Floyd...

Comment

Both would have laid out more damage against each other.

Fight would have been more of the same, but maybe more of Floyd's punches landing in between or around Cotto's guard.

Comment

True, its hard to say, but it would have been alot more bloody. Either FLoyd hurts Cotto early and dictates the fight,enroute to a stoppage, or Cotto fights the same fight and ends up stopping floyd

Comment

Cotto doesn't make it out of the 12th round.

Remember when Floyd hurt Cotto in the 12th? I do.

Remember when Cotto hurt Floyd in the fight? No, because it never happened.

Comment

I think the entire fight would have been different. Floyd would have boxed more after feeling 8 oz from a 154lber. Depending on how he reacts to it I think it would have been an easier UD for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              Cotto doesn't make it out of the 12th round.

Remember when Floyd hurt Cotto in the 12th? I do.

Remember when Cotto hurt Floyd in the fight? No, because it never happened.
              Re-watch the fight and look at the 8th round..you ****ing idiot

Comment

If Cotto had 8 oz gloves hes knocking floyd out easy

Comment

if cotto did that to floyd's face with 10oz gloves what would he have done with 8s?

bigger question is, if cotto did that to floyd's face with pillow gloves, wtf is pac (who is known for disfiguring faces in the ring) gonna do with 8 oz gloves at 147?

what happened to floyd vs cotto was happening to floyd slowly but surely against ortiz. we all saw it when ortiz started pressing floyd in the corners ortiz landed.

Comment

Originally posted by mzz787 View Post
                    Re-watch the fight and look at the 8th round..you ****ing idiot
                    Floyd gets hit with multiple jabs.........

Comment

Working...
                    X