Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion is Bob Arum going to give the win to JMM this time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion is Bob Arum going to give the win to JMM this time?

For most people who follow the sport of boxing we’re all aware of the history between Manny and Floyd. That being said as far as Bob Arum’s plans for Manny vs. Floyd IMO I don’t feel and the majority of fans feel Arum EVER planned or plans to have Manny face Floyd. Bob is and can keep milking Manny till he’s done with him and never give Floyd the satisfaction of having made his biggest purse to date by fighting Pac for Floyd leaving Bob.

I think Bob in a way forced Manny to fight Marquez this time and will screw Pac by giving the nod to Juan though Manny may not think so even IF Manny wins this fourth fight decisively (even though many feel Marquez deserved previous wins between the two of them). Bob will get the Mexican fans back in “good graces” and then put Juan in with his new undefeated “Mayweather” clone Tim Bradley in the near future following this 4th fight giving the win to Tim to keep him undefeated and raising his stock as “the man who beat both Pac and Marquez” getting blacks in his “good graces” again with a black dude who now creates new interest for future tests. (Marquez wins this time. Bob wins even more.)

As for Manny. I honestly believe Manny’s next fight he will take the L. EVEN IF it’s a close fight. Manny’s contract is coming up. With Manny then having a hotly debated win in JMM3 a loss to Bradley, and this possible other loss to Marquez. The Mayweather fight will be all but shot. Manny’s confidence would be at an all time low knowing he’s officially lost two fights in a row, his fans dwindling, knowing how vindictive Bob is and the dirt he’s got on Pac, plus the HIGH possibility of NO guarantees Pac would be able to get any big name wins if he left Top Rank to then try to re-create buzz for a Mayweather fight. Manny would then be screwed to have to continue to fight for Top Rank while Bob continues to steal whatever money he can off him and ruins mayweathers payday. Bob has probably already made what Floyd or Manny would've made by using mayweathers name stringing fight fans along off the thought of a mega fight yet screwing Floyd for leaving him.

Bob then wins as he milked Manny by promoting him off Mayweather’s name, steals most of Pac’s money without having to share any money or let Floyd get his possible highest payday to date, and screws Manny into having to stay and keep fighting for him as a stepping stone for up and comers (Lamont Peterson?) then Lamont vs. Bradley. Then running the “Mayweather is afraid to fight Bradley sham like Déjà vu. Thoughts?
    Last edited by PatStay; 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM.

I think he will, assuming the fight unravels in a similar manner to the previous three. That is, if its close (as it likely will be), then Marquez will be given the W. Pac fans will cry robbery and Arum can match them up for a fifth fight! Whoopeee.

If Manny manages to clearly dominate, then Arum will make May vs Manny happen and cash the **** out. At that point, the results are really irrelevant to him.

Comment

Originally posted by demonlight View Post
      I think he will, assuming the fight unravels in a similar manner to the previous three. That is, if its close (as it likely will be), then Marquez will be given the W. Pac fans will cry robbery and Arum can match them up for a fifth fight! Whoopeee.

If Manny manages to clearly dominate, then Arum will make May vs Manny happen and cash the **** out. At that point, the results are really irrelevant to him.
      I don't think Bob will ever let Pac fight May. Bob is screwing and stealing from Manny and screwing Floyd by not letting him get his possible highest payday to date for leaving him.

I honestly feel even IF Pac wins this fourth fight it will be given to Marquez. Ruining the "mega fight" for good. Pac will be ****ed with two losses on paper and even lower confidence as it would fuel the fire for proof Marquez had beaten him before.

Knowing Pac's history he won't go on his own as he wouldn't have the same in house protection Arum gave him. And the fighters he'd have to face would be much more risky. Manny will have to re-sign to Top Rank knowing he's broke and the only way he can make good money is by staying with Arum with a possible guaranteed future win...which won't happen.

Bob will then run with Bradley and Mayweather saying undefeated Tim who beat both Pac then Marquez (possibly set up after this 4th fight) Floyd is "afraid" of.

Manny will either be a name for future top rank stars to make a name off of and or be tossed aside.

Comment

Marquez will win again and actually get the decision this time. It'll be a weaker version of the 3rd fight imo

Comment

Bob has nothing to do with the outcome of these fights..I wish people would stop looking for excuses and someone to blame..Maybe he is the reason for fights not happening,but he is not the reason for the outcome...Pac will beat Marquez again..I like Marquez,his style is one that will trouble Manny..But his mentality will always be the reason he won't win..He is passive by nature..He wants to counter punch..He does not do well when forced to be the aggressor..Just look at Pac Marquez 1..Marquez comes out as the aggressor and tastes the canvas..He will never be able to win a fight in the judges eyes,just not aggressive enough...Also not active enough..He is always responding never creating the action...

Comment

now that 50 and pac let the cat out the hat.

the devil arum cannot be beat.

Comment

If it's Mexico, then it might actually be fair. Unless it has a badass undercard I'm not going to watch. To be honest I still haven't watched the third fight in it's entirety.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                If it's Mexico, then it might actually be fair. Unless it has a badass undercard I'm not going to watch. To be honest I still haven't watched the third fight in it's entirety.
                why not?????

Comment

If Chavez wins a decision this saturday then Pacquiao will win a bs Decision even in mexico.

Comment

Typical Mayweather fan who want to put the blame on 3rd person after all this long history of ducking

people don't forget that easily

Comment

Working...
                    X