Most Useless Discipline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j View Post
    no discipline is useless.

it is the person that makes an art useless. u could give van gogh and some kid off the street the same tools, but would they still have the same outcome?

hell no. cause one of them actually mastered his craft.

i have met good fighters from shaolin to kempo to boxing. it all depends on the person.
    Yeah man, no doubt about it. Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Organik View Post
      Yeah man, no doubt about it. Great post.
      thanks man, appreciate it!

i have only been studied in 3 arts. but i have friends and have learned a bit of many other arts like northern shaolin and kempo/kenpo(however the hell it is spelled), and wrestling.

and yeah, i have even seen tai chi guys kick some ass in boxing tournaments.

u know, most, actually, nearly all of the scariest guys i have met are guys who are over 35/40 years old and have no less than 25 years in the arts.

but that longevity and increasing of skills seems dependant on the art i think. thai boxers have seemed to have leg problems past 30 years of age unless they are carefull. same with some jj'ists or wrestlers. so carefull practice is even more important that kicking ass, otherwise, u are kicking your own ass slowly.

so, i have respect for all arts. and tae kwon do can F'ck someone up. i had a friend who used a spinning back kick to knock a dude onto the top of the hood of a car to end the fight. he also dropped and beat the biggest dude in one of our clasees back in those rowdy days that i was in high school.

Comment

Working...
      X