Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Hopkins (from Trinidad fight) Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50/50 fight.
    If I had to choose......Hopkins by SD

Comment

Andre Ward by UD, ambos son de mis peleadores preferidos, but Ward is different, not lost a fight since 1998 and winning against the best oposition

Comment

I think Hopkins would win. Ward's wrestling, mauling, holding and hitting tatics would not work well on Hopkins, who is a master of all dirty tricks. On straight boxing I give Hopkins the edge. It's a close fight but I like Hopkins who I rank high among the all time greats.

Comment

Hopkins. Their styles would clash but Hopkins would nullify Ward and his tactics. Hopkins is the craftiest man in the game.

Comment

If Hopkins can drop a decision to an athletically talented but not so skilled Taylor then Ward would beat him you have to imagine

Comment

Hopkins all the way. I don't even think Ward could have handled the Tarver B-Hop destroyed.
              Hopkins just had an extremely frustrating style, along with the one of the most ring-savy minds in boxing history. All Ward's weaknesses would have been exposed by round 8.

Plus, we have yet to see Ward take much punishment to assess his chin (hasn't faced a puncher like Jones Jr).
              Last edited by Dickie Smalls; 09-10-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                Hopkins. Their styles would clash but Hopkins would nullify Ward and his tactics. Hopkins is the craftiest man in the game.
                Agreed. The Hopkins from Tito days was better than Ward is currently. Had everything Ward currently has and was stronger, bigger, and just that little bit craftier. Was/is also tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  If Hopkins can drop a decision to an athletically talented but not so skilled Taylor then Ward would beat him you have to imagine
                  We never ever saw that version of Taylor again. For those fights, he was honestly world class. The version of Taylor that beat Hopkins would have beaten all the MW'S today, maybe even Martinez.
                  Taylor is pretty underrated, he was beating Froch as well before he got knocked out. He also dropped Froch and Pavlik. Two iron jaw warriors.

I actually think Taylor is the only person to drop Kelly Pavlik or Carl Froch. That is quite impressive and something people rarely comment on.
                  I don't really know what went wrong with Taylor, but he was a real talent and could have been great.

Comment

ward via sharpshooting

Comment

I'd pick Hopkins, better skill, defence, inside work, dirty tricks.

Ward is a great fighter in his physical prime and I don't think he is quite seasoned or reached his peak.

Comment

Working...
                      X