No announcement yet.

anyone use winning gloves on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone use winning gloves on here?

i use grants but everyone always talks about winning gloves how good are they?? i have used everlast, title, twins and grants. everlast to me was ok and title sucked.. twins gloves last forever i got the 16oz that feel like 20 but anyways they are good but my grants are the **** so whats up with winning?

Winning is good. I don't like the fact you can't open your fist as well as grants but besides that, winnings are great at protection, very light and very reliable. My only gripes are the opening of the fist, the width, they're a bit wide (you may get overconfident with your defense, definitely a mental thing I believe, but ehh...you never know). They're worth the hype, they're just pricey. You can add them to a collection although your grants (if they're the professional ones) are great gloves too. I prefer those over winning. It all boils down to preference.

Comment

grant are definitely the best gloves next to winning. winning offer more protection, so you can even use 14oz to spar. my sparring partners say that i hit harder with my 16oz shevlin than with my 12oz winning

i also use the winning gel pads with the 12oz just in case (they supposedly add "4oz" of protection)

if you have grants, then there's no need for an upgrade. winning are better IMO, but not enough to justify buying them if you already own grant

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
        grant are definitely the best gloves next to winning. winning offer more protection, so you can even use 14oz to spar. my sparring partners say that i hit harder with my 16oz shevlin than with my 12oz winning

i also use the winning gel pads with the 12oz just in case (they supposedly add "4oz" of protection)

if you have grants, then there's no need for an upgrade. winning are better IMO, but not enough to justify buying them if you already own grant
        you have the Winning NG-2 gel knuckle guards?

May I ask what hand wrapping method do you use for these knuckle guards?

I have those guards, but haven't found a good wrapping method to keep them from sliding down my knuckles towards to wrist.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
          you have the Winning NG-2 gel knuckle guards?

May I ask what hand wrapping method do you use for these knuckle guards?

I have those guards, but haven't found a good wrapping method to keep them from sliding down my knuckles towards to wrist.

Thanks
          really? well, this is pretty much how i do it

it's pretty standard, but focus on the wrist on not so much the knuckles, since you'll have tons of protection there anyway. also, put a good amount of tightness when you wrap the knuckle area so the guard will stay in place

i don't know if that'll do it, but i never had any problems with the guards sliding up or down. maybe try to ask you coach to wrap you up nicely and mimic what he does later? lol just PM me if this doesn't work out for you.

Comment

good looks on all the info. yea i love my grants like my first sparring session i was like yea these are the ****. i have sparred with everlast and ringside and they sucked in my opinion but thats just me. i tried not to be influenced by hype but alot of pros use those winning and i was just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw2884 View Post
              i use grants but everyone always talks about winning gloves how good are they?? i have used everlast, title, twins and grants. everlast to me was ok and title sucked.. twins gloves last forever i got the 16oz that feel like 20 but anyways they are good but my grants are the **** so whats up with winning?
              I have been my 16oz velcrow Winnings for two years now. Use to use everlast but developed very sharp wrist pain that stayed with me for 3 months, I then decited to invest in some winnings for their supposed super protection. Best choice i ever made in boxing.... Pain was gone the first punch I throw with them and has never returned....

Comment

Yeah I currently own a pair I use for sparring. I personally like them more than the lace up Grants I own. I would never pay full price for them however unless $300 is really worth it. I was lucky enough to get a deal on them from another poster on here. For me they're all around just more comfortable. My fist and thumb feels place inside exactly how an ideal boxing glove would. I've heard people refer to them as "pillows" and frankly I don't understand where they are coming from at all, but to each there own I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                X