No announcement yet.

Taylor-Froch II, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch by stoppage again, but earlier.

I don't see Taylor improving on the stamina, just something he cannot change. Froch however, will not be holding back, and he's already tasted the big fight atmosphere from the first, so no nerves and full confidence. He just needs to loosen up a little and keep a tighter guard.

Comment

Taylor had moved up to a new weight class, fought to the peak of his powers (according to many a Taylor fan) and on his own soil with an American audience and at American climate/time zone... and he got knocked out.

If the fight was repeated, Froch would press the action harder and faster. Taylor will never crack Froch's chin ever. So i would see the result being pretty similar.

However, if it was on English soil, with 10,000 Froch fans in the Nottingham Arena, English climate & time zone. I don't think i'd give Jermain more than 9 rounds tops.

Froch was poor that night by his standards, wheras Jermain was on his A-game. Froch can do a lot better wheras Taylor..i'm not sure he can.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
        yes i agree Froch got lucky, Taylor would KO Froch next time
        for a supposed brit you are awfully biased against your own fighters. taylor to knock out froch? yah right...

Comment

Taylor should win, but will he... Who knows... We already know Froch can't outbox Taylor but froch surely is capable of knocking Taylor the hell out so this fight is still a toss-up in the rematch. And I wish taylor was a better finisher, he hurts his opponents but never knows how to finish them properly without using too much energy but enough energy to take them out. I feel he sometimes burns himself out trying to get them out of their when he knows he hurt them.

Comment

Taylor put Froch down hard but couldn't even really hurt him. I mean Froch seemed fresh as a daisy considering how bad that KD was - I thought he had died at first.

Froch is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
              Taylor put Froch down hard but couldn't even really hurt him. I mean Froch seemed fresh as a daisy considering how bad that KD was - I thought he had died at first.

Froch is a beast.
              Well to froch and pavliks credit they do have solid chins but I think Taylor is also a bad finisher.

Comment

I hope Taylor and Froch meet in the final. Unlikely but what a final that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
                  Well to froch and pavliks credit they do have solid chins but I think Taylor is also a bad finisher.
                  Yer, maybe Taylor is a bad finisher. But as soon as Froch got back up he wasn't buzzed at all so I don't blame Taylor for not diving in. He had already been caught with some good shots by Froch and had felt the Margahceato-esque heavy hands.

Also, I don't like the way some people act as though Taylor was dominating the fight for 11.5 rounds then got KTFO. I believe if that final round had been scored 10-7, Froch deserved the nod... perhaps even on a 10-8 final round.
                  Last edited by Shattered Jaw; 09-29-2009, 05:49 AM.

Comment

JT ALWAYS does better in his rematches.....history has shown that!!.....with that said if Froch doesn't get him earlier then JT would outbox him and get a decision win!!

Comment

The only strategy Taylor has for keeping Froch off of him is the very one which will ensure he's exhausted by round nine.

And Taylor aint going to KO Froch. I'm not sure anyone can.

Comment

Working...
                      X