Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad was winning almost every single round, Haye was losing them, so it's pretty obvious who was the one who should have done something different.
    Last edited by vacon04; 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

From the point after I watched the fight I knew Wlad did nothing. I knew he won, but I couldn't grasp why everyone said Wlad killed Haye. Wlad didn't do much of anything. At all. He threw like 12 jabs around, and not much else.

Comment

People don't know what they are looking at. Lots of jumped on the bandwagon not having a clue how Haye fights. Both guys did not deliver on what they said they would, Haye said he would knock Wlad out, but soon realised Wlad was more difficult to fight then he anticipated. Wlad I'm sure thought he would dominate (based on his pizza face comments) like he does other opponents and then take Haye out, but he never came close. Haye was on the ropes several times, but Wlad couldn't do anything to him, he wasn't running.

Haye is a counter-puncher who waits for openings to deliver powerful hard singles and doubles. Wlad did a great job of limiting those openings, the difference in the fight was Wlads combination of size, jab, and footwork. Rounds were close but Wlad nicked most of them.

As to Haye flopping on the floor, this was a strategical ploy from Haye and Booth, as Haye is a small man and they didnt want Wlad wearing him down through clinching like he does other fighters. Whether it was the right decision to do that, I don't know, but that is what it was. People thought it was a sign of Haye not trying, but that is not true.

I knew it would never be a good fight unless one of them caught the other one clean early, never happened. What developed was the chess match I and any informed fan knew it would be.

Comment

Only thing I remember was him falling down trying to suck wlads dick

Comment

haye takes more blame because of all the **** he talked before the fight but neither wanted to engage so wlad takes some blame too.

Comment

Wlad did what he had to do to win. We all knew what he was going to do, and so did Haye.

Haye did not try to win, he was just trying not to get knocked out. Maybe if he didn't talk so much crap before the fight he wouldn't have looked so stupid. He's kind of like Rex Ryan and the Jets in the NFL. They talk talk talk and then choke when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Wlad did what he had to do to win. We all knew what he was going to do, and so did Haye.

Haye did not try to win, he was just trying not to get knocked out. Maybe if he didn't talk so much crap before the fight he wouldn't have looked so stupid.
                Didn't Wlad promise to give Haye a "pizza face" and make him his 50th knockout win? I don't remember him living up to these promises.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Both guys definitely deserve equal criticism. Haye didn't throw nearly enough, and Wlad did nothing to slow down Haye from running.
                  why should wlad get critcized for doing what he normally does?did wlad win?haye was the 1 talking about he was a killer and he was gonna take heads off and he was gonna make the fight exciting not wlad

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Because Haye didn't play to win, but what Haye needed to do to win the fight really goes against what he is as a fighter.

How Haye played it, Wlad needed to make a mistake for him to have a chance and if there is one guy who doesn't slip up and sticks to his plan 100% it is Wlad so you need to force him one way or another to make mistakes and Haye didn't force Wlad to do anything it was Wlad dictating the whole fight. When Wlad dictates a fight like that he is essentially unbeatable.

Haye was able to make it a difficult fight for Wlad but that is about all he could do with the way he fought.

People blame him because they wanted to see him try and win when what he was doing was obviously failing but that is easier said than done I guess when facing the heavyweight champ.
                    Excellent post.
                    Of course, everybody would have gone crazy if, at a certain point, Haye decided not to be a counter puncher any longer , but suddenly turn into an English version of Smokin' Joe Frazier. "Yes, I'm crazy".

Only problem with it is that Haye would have ended on the canvas, probably asleep.
                    I don't think one can really blame him for not fighting a Joe Frazier - like fight. Trash talk aside , one cannot be what he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                      Didn't Wlad promise to give Haye a "pizza face" and make him his 50th knockout win? I don't remember him living up to these promises.
                      go back and watch the face off and tell us what was said by wlad and what was said by haye

Comment

Working...
                      X