Rigondeaux would go to Belfast to fight Carl Frampton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux would go to Belfast to fight Carl Frampton

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-McGuigan.html

It seems that Gary Hyde would like to bring Guillermo Rigondeaux over to Belfast to fight Carl Frampton, who just dominated Top 10 SBW Steve Molitor. But his manager is saying Frampton's not ready, and that they won't fight Rigondeaux in the forseeable future, but that they may be ready in 12 months time.

How do you guys think Rigondeaux-Frampton plays out???

Molitor was still a top 10 SBW?

Comment

Make it happen!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Yeah he was like #8 or 9 I believe. I twas fairly impressive for Frampton to dominate him the way he did, even though Molitor is passed his best days. Molitor did have wins over Ndlovu, another Top 10 SBW.

I wish Frampton would step up now and fight Rigondeaux, who's willing to go to his backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          He was, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Yeah he was like #8 or 9 I believe. I twas fairly impressive for Frampton to dominate him the way he did, even though Molitor is passed his best days. Molitor did have wins over Ndlovu, another Top 10 SBW.

I wish Frampton would step up now and fight Rigondeaux, who's willing to go to his backyard.
            Oh no doubt it was impressive, just didn't know if he was rated top 10 still... I mean I guess, what governing body?
            I'm interested in what Frampton will do now, I wouldn't doubt Rigondeaux going to anybodies backyard

Comment

He was Top 10 by the RING.

Comment

I think Frampton may fight Wilfredy Vazquez Jr early next year, and I'd be fine with that. It's a decent fight. Than, maybe in the summer he could fight Rigondeaux.

Comment

If Frampton's as good as his team think he is he will take this fight in a heartbeat.

He's the chance you've been waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I think Frampton may fight Wilfredy Vazquez Jr early next year, and I'd be fine with that. It's a decent fight. Than, maybe in the summer he could fight Rigondeaux.
                    That's a great fight for him. Good line of activity and a fight against a prior world champ would be a good confidence booster and resume booster.
                    IMO, still won't prepare him for a rigondeaux fight

Comment

Working...
                    X