No announcement yet.

Who should Andre Ward fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should Andre Ward fight next?

If you could decide who Ward should take on in his next fight....who would you pick?

I just want to see him back in the ring as soon as possible but it looks like it could be Chavez Jr. Do you like that fight?

Top rank will never let chavez get in the ring with Ward.

Comment

don't think chavez jr will be getting any where near Ward in the near future

Comment

Andre Ward is chasing the greats and is trying to build his legacy. He could go with an easy fight like Chavez but I think a better, challenging, and more rewarding fight would be against Jean Pascal. He's no longer fighting Bute until later this year so he is available.

Comment

Career-wise: Pavlik or Taylor. Both money fights, tune-ups, good test for shoulder.

Fan perspective: Robert Stieglitz, he mauled Abraham and is the 'other' champion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Career-wise: Pavlik or Taylor. Both money fights, tune-ups, good test for shoulder.

Fan perspective: Robert Stieglitz, he mauled Abraham and is the 'other' champion.
            Didn't Pavlik retire from boxing a few months ago? Taylor is just a sad boxer nowadays. I don't want to see Ward completely destroy an over the hill Taylor who shouldn't even be in the ring anymore.

Yeah, Stieglitz would be an awesome fight...

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Didn't Pavlik retire from boxing a few months ago? Taylor is just a sad boxer nowadays. I don't want to see Ward completely destroy an over the hill Taylor who shouldn't even be in the ring anymore.

Yeah, Stieglitz would be an awesome fight...
              I realise most hardcore fans wouldn't want to see these fights but from Ward's perspective either one would be a good tune-up following injury and would also build his profile amongst casual fans.

I think Stieglitz might be lining up a third bout with Abraham. Tommy Oosthuizen would be a good alternative.

Comment

Pavlik or Taylor?.

You are out of your mind.

Comment

Golovkin.

It's not a fight that NEEDS to happen but Ward needs an opponent he hasn't already beaten and Golovkin is a better test than most at SMW even though he is a relatively untested middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Golovkin.

It's not a fight that NEEDS to happen but Ward needs an opponent he hasn't already beaten and Golovkin is a better test than most at SMW even though he is a relatively untested middleweight
                    Would fans give Ward credit if he fought and beat GGG later this year? I have a feeling a lot of people will say that GGG is a MW and hasn't really fought anyone.

I'd like to see Ward vs GGG only if GGG is as good as he's being hyped up to be. A year from now we should know more about him and if he's the real deal then make the fight happen. Right now GGG is too green IMO.

GGG vs Quillin is what I would like to see in the MW division.

Comment

Working...
                    X