Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byrd was a very good boxer who never utilized all his skills. He did not press the laterial movement as much as he could have to use his foot work to miniplulate his opponents into following or stepping over into his punching lanes. His lack of power was a distraction for him as he moved up in caliber. If he did this he'd have more success against the bigger men who happened to be stronger but much slower and had less co-ordination! Its difficult for successfull amatuers to transition into pro boxing but sometimes you just bring your amatuer style with you and increase the levels of that style simular to what Howard Davis back to Willie Pep did and those men were very successfull in the pro rankings. To box at that level using those methods and techniques your conditioning has to be at an extremely high level. You don't have to out fight your opponent all the time there were fighters who could out smart and out "hustle" plenty of quality fighters!
    I think he tried to adapt to the "pro style" instead of using his natural abilities but bringing them to a very high level! Good boxer, not much power, I don't think he was underated or overated. I believe he's considered by most as a contender. I know he won a title but theres just way too many to call everyone champ! Ray.

Comment

I thought nut hugging wasn't allowed in the 'history sections' of boxing sites?
      Byrd made Vitali quit . He promised a rematch as well.
      Not only that.

This is Vitali's post fight interview : Word for Word.
      Proof is online you can go watch it;

"Vitali, what happpened"

Vitali : AFTER THIRD ROUND I REALIZE I CAN'T fight SOUTH PAW"

"Vitali did you think you were winning the fight"

"No, I don't know, very close fight, I don't think I could have got enough points at end"

Vitali was there an injury

"No there was not" no wait no wait Larry yes there was.. BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIGHT"

Will you rematch him Vitali

"YES YES I WANT REMATCH IN GERMANY, I WILL BEAT HIM IN REMATCH"

Word for word.. Nut huggers. Word for word.

Vitali exposed himself. Deal with it. Please. Vitali knew he quit against Byrd and he knew he got tko6ed by the oldest fattest laziest most pathetic shell version of Lewis. He's living with it, he's dealing with it. Why can't you?

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
        I thought nut hugging wasn't allowed in the 'history sections' of boxing sites?
        Byrd made Vitali quit . He promised a rematch as well.
        Not only that.

This is Vitali's post fight interview : Word for Word.
        Proof is online you can go watch it;

"Vitali, what happpened"

Vitali : AFTER THIRD ROUND I REALIZE I CAN'T fight SOUTH PAW"

"Vitali did you think you were winning the fight"

"No, I don't know, very close fight, I don't think I could have got enough points at end"

Vitali was there an injury

"No there was not" no wait no wait Larry yes there was.. BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIGHT"

Will you rematch him Vitali

"YES YES I WANT REMATCH IN GERMANY, I WILL BEAT HIM IN REMATCH"

Word for word.. Nut huggers. Word for word.

Vitali exposed himself. Deal with it. Please. Vitali knew he quit against Byrd and he knew he got tko6ed by the oldest fattest laziest most pathetic shell version of Lewis. He's living with it, he's dealing with it. Why can't you?

This "nuthugger" stuff is coming from someone who was giving Lennox Lewis fellatio in another thread.

Comment

i think a rematch would have gone pretty much the same way as the first, vitali missing like crazy but doing enough to be on top. Presumably without injury he would last the distance and win a decision. But he would have looked pretty ordinary doing it. If Byrd had had power though vitali would have been in massive trouble and i think that shows that small guys like louis or tyson could and would have the better of vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            You need to watch it again.

Ike took control from the very start. Yeah, Byrd made him miss a good amount, but Ike was landing on him as the rounds mounted, while Byrd got nothing done.

Easy win for Ike.
            How good was Ike Ibeabuchi? He went 20-0 with 15 KOs. How far could he have gone without being sent to prison for up to 30 years in 1999?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              There was no real demand for a rematch. The first fight wasn't very exciting. If Byrd had even been competitive with Wladimir then it probably would have happened. And while Byrd was hanging in there with Vitali before the injury, most fans regarded it as a fluke. Because you made someone miss punches doesn't give you credit for his injury. It could have happened in any other fight against any other opponent.

And whether it is right or wrong, the Klitschko's basically are a tag team. They are the two dominant heavyweights who won't fight each other and are joint owners of their own promotional company. That's just the reality of the situation.
              One of the worst posts I've read here.

Comment

No heavyweight that I have seen displayed more pure boxing skills than Chris Byrd. The guy moves up from Middleweight and wins the heavyweight title, that's something big right there. No he didn't have the power but Chris Byrd was the best, purest boxer I have ever seen in that division. Extremely underrated in my opinon..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                  No heavyweight that I have seen displayed more pure boxing skills than Chris Byrd. The guy moves up from Middleweight and wins the heavyweight title, that's something big right there. No he didn't have the power but Chris Byrd was the best, purest boxer I have ever seen in that division. Extremely underrated in my opinon..........Rockin'
                  I agree. One of the best pure boxers in the HW division. . . Excellent instincts, and raw talent.

Klitschkos brothers still DOMINATED him!

No AMerican HW has **** on K-brothers, though. . .

Comment

underrated? absolutely! I fought at heavyweight as an am (i am 6'1 and always weighed in at around 195) and at a few tournaments there were no other Heavyweights so a few times i was asked to fight a super-heavy (one time in particular was at the Gene Lewis tournament in Arizona because i was there anyway and won my trophy on a walk over) and granted i am no defensive wizard like byrd i am a puncher, but fighting guys much bigger than me was extremely difficult and out of all of those tries i never won once. And then there is Byrd who had world class heavyweights ducking him. I love Lennox but he ducked Byrd without shame, Byrd fought some very good heavyweights and beat them and what i dont understand is its ok for lighter weight fighters to be defensive masters such as Pep and pernell but as a heavyweight it is looked down upon? So is Byrd underrated? absolutely! He was a very good boxer

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      I agree. One of the best pure boxers in the HW division. . . Excellent instincts, and raw talent.

Klitschkos brothers still DOMINATED him!

No AMerican HW has **** on K-brothers, though. . .
                      Ross Purrity brutally destroyed Wlad than carried him around like Wlad was an infant. It was funny.

Brewster send Wlad into the hospital where he stayed there crying all night.

Now try to listen as I educate on Byrd vs Vitali.

Facts:
                      1- Chris Byrd was making Vitali look very stupid starting from Round 5
                      2-The HOME TOWN Crowd was roaring Byrd on and cheering his every punch starting from Round 5. They sense Vitali was failing.
                      3-Vitali used both his arms and looked perfectly fine despite claiming injury later on.
                      4- Chris Byrd at worst was even on the cards when Vitali pulled his 'no mas',Vitali was on his way to getting a gift and every non casual know it.
                      5-Vitali himself admit 'I realize after Round 3 I CAN NOT FIGHT SOUTH PAW.
                      6- Vitali himself said in the post fight interview that 'it wasn't any injuries, it was Chris Byrd'
                      Go look up the post fight on youtube and listen to Merchant.

7- Vitali himself said he do not know if he can 'GET ENOUGH POINTS' to win.

8- Vitali claimed on UK DAILY MAIL that he wanted to quit against Chisora as well but the only reason he didn't was because Chisora slapped him. I obviously can not make threads or this topic would have been done already.

9- Chris Byrd do not deserve this kind of bully**** from nut huggers of Klitschkos. He clearly was the better man and ended up breaking down Vitali physically,mentally,emotionally,sexually,and trandescally.

Deal with these facts or you can keep deluding yourself with lies if it makes you sleep better at night, but remember:

Vitali stepped up in class twice in his career and was brutally stopped once and ran away the other time.
                      Last edited by FightScorer; 12-04-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X