Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't Manny immediately accept bradleys' rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castillo won the first fight, Bradley lost his fight.

Thats the difference.

Where floyd had to rematch Castillo or have that cloud over him his whole career, where as Manny everyone knows he won against bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Boxer View Post
      A Bradley fight would be smarter then a Marquez fight simply for the reason that, Pac can dominate Bradley, but can never do that to Juan Manuel. If Pac was looking to angle for a Mayweather fight, knocking out Bradley would be the way to go. Anyways, having spoke to Roach, I get the impression that they are all but sure that it's going to be a forth Marquez bout.
      hey you've decided to switch to the scene now?

Comment

manny rolled the dice with tim... and was left without a belt and a weak PPV... most of the boxing public felt like he won anyways, so why would he go through that again? tim promised to make it a war... he didnt. you can clearly see the frustration on pac's face during the fight. not even worth it for him.

tim walked away the champion, why would pac give him another payday?

IMO, pac needs a great victory... then retire. floyd fight isnt happening.

Comment

This thread made absolutely no sense.

And unfortunately, no one wants to see a Bradley rematch.

Comment

1) Bradley lost convincingly while Marquez had 3 close fights with Manny .....

2) A fight with Marquez will do better numbers (not that I care about numbers)

3) Many had Castillo winning over Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
              Um, WRONG. Manny wanted to fight JMM immediately after their draw. JMM balked at the purse he was getting for the 2nd fight because Nacho believed he should have had the bigger purse. JMM then left Top Rank and went to Golden Boy. Add to this the feud between Top Rank and Golden Boy and you have a 4-year wait.
              okay fine, but what about after the 2nd fight then? and why shouldn't jmm fight for the bigger purse--many thought he beat manny--and the only reason i ask that question is because i guarantee you arum tried to screw jmm out a fair deal with manny seeing how manny was his "teacher's pet" in so many words--why can't arum be blamed for anything regarding manny that year?

if i was jmm, would fight for a bigger purse also, if i keep getting the short end of the stick against a guy who comes off as a puppet to bobo arum---

but i'll go with that for now---

it took him almost the same amount of time to rematch after people thought he lost to juan the 2nd time---and he made him move up to fight him again and it bit him in the ass---he got the nod again, but many boxing insiders as well as current and past fighters thought manny lost, amir khan included....so if manny thought he won and arum, being the demon sourcerer he is was so inclined the fight jmm again and right afterwards, then why did they choose bradley instead? and don't say anything about a floyd fight because manny nor bob nor roach wanted that fight....

manny was all set to fight on may 5th when he thought floyd was going to jail and when floyd was granted one fight on that date, arum said uh-oh, fuk that ****---manny's cut wasn't healed enough--the stadium isn't ready---floyd is too greedy for the purse split--and wants too much regarding a ost test....translation---who the fuk am i kidding--i used to promote that fool...i don't manny anywhere near that mother****er----let's fight june 9th after he gets locked up---then we'll put the blame on him once again and since people hate him, they'll fall for it once again, as usual--and of course they did---so, tim bradley was focred to move up to get his fight and manny did beat the guy's ass but he didn't get the nod---

now, for all those who argue that he should fight jmm because of how the last fight between the 2 turned out, i'm all for it, because on paper, that fight makes more sense than the bradley fight given the fights themselves, but manny should go and dust off bradley real quick and then settle his fight with jmm afterwards, or just wait for floyd----

don't get me wrong, i want to see a fourth fight between jmm and manny because i'm not satisfied yet with who the clear winner is---but bradley has manny's catchweight title, so he needs to go out there and erase any doubt of that fight result...some people felt timbo won, even brian kenny...some fans on here said he won...hell, the judges thought he won, except 1 so, whether they were corrupt or not, bradley got the win and when floyd lost in many people's eyes, he went right back after castlillio, and didn't move him up in weight to do so---

when jones lost to griffin, griffin gave him a rematch right away---bradley wants the rematch because any other fight in between could affect the legacy of the matchup imo--hasn't always happened that way, but it has happened before so it gives credence to possiblility---

Comment

Manny needs to fight FMJ or retire. No other fight matters at this point in his career.

Comment

I think there is some inside stuff going on. I feel Bradley was given the nod so that Arum can have another fighter for Mayweather. If anything, Arum can say, "hey we have another undefeated fighter who also beat Pacquiao." I think Arum knows Pacquiao is on his way out and is trying to make some moves in order to setup his other fighters. If Pacquiao looses to Marquez, it's the nail on the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                    Many people believe Castillio beat Floyd in their first encounter---and Floyd immediately fought him---and yes, i mean 8 months later while his shoulder and ribs healed up but he was his next opponent---many people felt marquez beat manny in their first encounter, but manny waited 4 years to rematch jmm...and for those who put the blame on jmm saying he was the one who ducked the rematch by fighting chris john, then manny people though he beat manny in the rematch and manny waited over 3 years to fight him again
                    Floyd-Castillo 1 was actually close and could have gone either way, Pac-Bradley was not close. Most fans know who really won so Pac doesn't feel the need to prove anything.

Comment

I like Pacquiao and either fight he chooses is a good fight and fine with me. I like him fighting Marquez best because Marquez deserves to fight Pacquiao again before old age really catches up with him. Bradley is young and can wait. Almost nobody thought Bradley beat Pacquiao so it's different than the Mayweather-Castillo situation. Many thought Pacquiao lost to Marquez so he gains more prestige with a clear win over Marquez than he would with a clear win over Bradley. I don't think there will ever be a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight because the two sides are miles apart on the money split and I don't think that will ever change. You know if he picks Bradley boxing scene will be full of guys saying he ducked Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X