No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Hopkins vs Dawson, The Controversial Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Hopkins vs Dawson, The Controversial Ending

Staples Center, Los Angeles - Chad Dawson (31-1, 18KOs) stopped Bernard Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KOs) in the second round to capture the WBC light heavyweight title. During the second, Hopkins leaned over on Dawson, who used his shoulder to push him off. Hopkins went down near the ropes and told the referee, Pat Russell, that he suffered a shoulder injury and couldn't continue. Because there was no foul involved, Russell ruled the fight in favor of Dawson and made him the TKO winner. [Click Here To Read More]

Too bad about the injury, the bad part for Hopkins is that if plans on ever fighting again he will have wait time for it to heal and he might require physical therapy. Time is not on his side.

Comment

Dawson looked so angry after the fight. If he could bring that passion into his fights he will be much more exciting to watch. But i nearly applauded when he called Hopkins a *****. Hopkins quitted, wasted every hard-earned penny fans paid to watch his fight, and still whined afterwards about how he was mistreated as if he was a character from Les Miserables. Disgusting.

Comment

From what I can think of, one of two things happened: 1) Hopkins wanted a way out and found it, or 2) the shoulder was already injured before the fight and Hopkins used the fall as a way out... I tend to think he wanted out just like he did against Calzaghe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rasputia View Post
          Dawson looked so angry after the fight. If he could bring that passion into his fights he will be much more exciting to watch. But i nearly applauded when he called Hopkins a *****. Hopkins quitted, wasted every hard-earned penny fans paid to watch his fight, and still whined afterwards about how he was mistreated as if he was a character from Les Miserables. Disgusting.
          HAHA RASPUTIA! best name on here! I loved you in Norbit! I loved when u told norbit off when he said u couldn't have any wine. .

Norbit: "u can't drink!" You (Rasputia): "why the hell not!" Norbit: "you're with child!" You (Rasputia): "I ain't wit no damn chi.. . oh, that. . . that was nothing, i had gas. . I STILL GOT IT! *rips crucial fart*" Norbit: *disgusted look on face* ohh, ohhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            From what I can think of, one of two things happened: 1) Hopkins wanted a way out and found it, or 2) the shoulder was already injured before the fight and Hopkins used the fall as a way out... I tend to think he wanted out just like he did against Calzaghe!!!
            i doubt it brosef. . . if he already had the injury, he would have had to GAMBLE on having an opportunity like this to get out of the fight. . . and he would have risked losing everything. . . he really separated his shoulder - i doubt a dr. working at LA hospital would risk his reputation and license (and subsequent LIVING) to say that some boxer has a real injury. . . I honestly believe the ****ed his shoulder up, and he sohuldn't have continued. . . however, THE REF messed it up by not giving him 5 minutes. . . ****e, hopkins might have just tried to fight on with it. . .

Comment

Actually, if you a look at the photo here of the landing, Hopkins never hit his shoulder. Like kellerman pointed out, he hit his elbow. The injury the hospital wrote down is as simple as a minor sprain. Hopkins swears that he could have fought on and still won, so the injury couldn't have been that serious.

Comment

Thank god for Demarco and Linares..That's all I have to say about it..

Comment

a disgrace.. a tko from a tackle.. smh

Comment

I sprained my a/c joint in june this year, I fell about 12 feet and landed on concrete. The pain was absolutely sickening and I couldnt work for a month. I havent seen the fight yet, but it seems a little odd from all I'm reading.

Comment

Working...
                    X