Collapse
No announcement yet.

Points off for pushing ? a new thing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points off for pushing ? a new thing ?

Now this isn't a Khan cry.

Peterson was a warrior and deserved the win.

However, I don;t agree with the points taken, whether its the rules or not is irelevent. Its what happens in fights normally that should be the standard.

Now, I have nearly 2000 fights on vhs, dvd and hard drive going back to the 60's and iv'e watched them all and most at least 3-4 times and i can't for the life of me remember a fighter being docked points for pushing.

Ali used to hold guys on the inside and then push them off and punch all the time. It was almost his signature move post the vietnam ban.

So why now out of the blue is pushing a deductable offence ?

Anyone got a fight where this has happened before ?

It's against the rules bro, just like headbutting is, he was warned AT LEAST half a dozen times not to do it. If he can not follow simple rules then that is his own fault!

It wasn't just this, he sucker punched numerous times, he was getting Peterson in headlocks, elbowing & allsorts in an attempt to survive because he could not compete with Peterson on the inside.

Pushing is illegal, you can't hit a guy with a palm strike or elbows, this is not the UFC!

Comment

I think it was more so because Khan was using his elbow when pushing off but i dont know should he habe had points deducted for the pushing.What he should have had points deducted for was the constantly pulling Petersons head down Miguel Diaz before Maidana Khan warned Cortez about this and Cortez proceded to do **** all about it.I felt Peterson deserved the win

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        It's against the rules bro, just like headbutting is, he was warned AT LEAST half a dozen times not to do it. If he can not follow simple rules then that is his own fault!

It wasn't just this, he sucker punched numerous times, he was getting Peterson in headlocks, elbowing & allsorts in an attempt to survive because he could not compete with Peterson on the inside.

Pushing is illegal, you can't hit a guy with a palm strike or elbows, this is not the UFC!
        Even if you thought it was unfair as db says he was warned plenty enough to stop it

Comment

That was the biggest joke I have seen in the sport in a long time for the simple reason Peterson was doing it to back Khan on the ropes.

I have no issue with calling something like that if your consistent, and it was obvious that the ref was just out to penalize Khan while letting Peterson get away with his b.s. tatics.

Comment

If you are warned about something as often as Khan was and continue to do it, you're asking for points to be taken. He was pushing down on Peterson constantly then shoving him off, he wasn't taking the warning's on board so point deductions followed.

The 2nd point deduction was for a number of things though, not only did he push down and shove, he then hit Peterson with a big uppercut when the ref was breaking them.

Comment

nobody watched wlad-haye???

Comment

Sure he was being warned, I cant honestly remember someone even being warned for pushing off. Why was the ref on it from the start.

I find it hard to believe that in a 100 years of boxing this is the worst case of pushing there's ever been.

Yes its technically illegal but its been let go forever. Technically floyd's shoulder roll lean away defense is illegal because he turns his back on his opponent a little bit but its allowed because its just part of the game.

If he fought Pac and lost by a point and lost 2 points for turning his back there would be outrage.

You can't just crack down on one rule out of the blue.

Comment

I really dislike Khan before last night, but this points deuctions were bs. Still very close fight.

Comment

You're not allowed to push, therefore you can deduct points.

Comment

Working...
                    X