Beginner Boxing Help!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Boxing Help!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi,
    So I'm in college and a girl and only now have started boxing. But there isn't anyone to train me or anything so I was wondering what videos can I get or any advice on how to learn how to box or kickbox. Also is there any specific diet I should have to maintain stamina and power. And any other workouts to do like running or something in addition to the actual boxing training because I am super out of shape anyway and run out of breath pretty quickly...and Like i said I started probably like a week ago and I am totally lost and I would love some help here!!!!
    THANKS!!!

Hey, I'm Danny but you may call me Dan. I didn't see you there through the usual sausage fest. How about we get a little drink and talk a little RJJ. How about the Percy Harris fight? Y'know Roy was really something in his prime.
    My abs look a lot like his, at least on the internet they do..

Comment

are you kidding?

Hey umm...no lol

Comment

You cannot learn by lookin at videos, must get pro help from someone. I'm going to start too. Which city are you in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
          You cannot learn by lookin at videos, must get pro help from someone. I'm going to start too. Which city are you in ?
          You can learn plenty from a video mate. Obviously, a good coach would be better to correct your mistakes. However, this isn't always an option and sometimes it's best to do what you can with what you have available.

Comment

um im in Dekalb, IL

Comment

So Usa, okey. I think would be better for you to get professional help. Maybe you can learn on videos but you learn many things wrong. if you work with a trainer they show you your errors. Stance, posture, speed, combined movements etc. will be a higher level of motivation. Good luck.

Comment

only problem is there is no trainer near here so thats why im asking for video opinions or something other than a trainer

Comment

I always like Fran Sands' videos for technique.

I can't post url's but you're looking for "myboxingcoach" with Fran Sands, or the myboxingcoah channel on youtube (no it's not a plug, I just find his stuff very thorough and informative).

Also, look up "online boxing timer" and link your pc up to a set of speakers for a free interval timer.

Buy yourself a speed rope.

Good pair of running shoes.

But yeah, totally what the other guys said. I'm a beginner too, nothing beats having a coach, all of these things are no substitute for the real thing.

Comment

hmmm thanksss.....i wish i could get a coach but this will have to do

Comment

Working...
                    X