No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye-Chisora/Khan-Garcia: The Pre-Weekend Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye-Chisora/Khan-Garcia: The Pre-Weekend Report Card

by Cliff Rold - One is an organic grudge match, born in a hail of trash talk and broken glass. The other became a grudge match when religion was mixed with otherwise polite discussion. Both fill the quotient nicely for a full fight docket on Saturday.

And one need not choose between the two shows. This is no Mexican (Independence Day) Standoff. For the second week in a row, it’s old school style with fights both day and night and time to eat in between.

The Heavyweights go early (on U.S. TV), the Jr. Welterweights go last, and, readers…

Let’s go to the report cards. [Click Here To Read More]

Chisora stoppage, interesting.

I'd give him a lot better shot if this was a 12 rounder myself. I think this being now only a 10 round fight it may work against Delboy who seems to really pick it up down the stretch.

Comment

I just don't think chisora is world class, there are so many red flags there which I'm sure will be dragged up post fight if haye wins

Comment

Cliff Rold picking the underdog once again

Interesting.

Comment

Haye made 2 defences of his WBA title, not 1.

Comment

Although it is nice to see a good grudge match in Boxing...Hope it wakes up the HW division! Chisora gets stopped. He just aint an A,B,Or C class fighter. Now as for A spitter...Hes the Ring Champ!
            Last edited by PAC-BOY; 07-14-2012, 05:51 AM.

Comment

This post started off badly when it only mentioned Haye had 1 defence. Ok Harrison wasn't much of a contest but it's still in the annuls. Also doesn't Nikolay Valuev count as a former champion defeated?

The post continues and I am generally in agreement with everything until bang, right at the end you plump for CHISORA by stoppage! You had spent half of the post pretty much saying how Haye had all the tools (speed, power and defence) to take out Del Boy and then that bombshell. You haven't given any reasoning why you think he will win except for saying he has got a good chin? Haye has only been stopped once when he punched himself out 8 years ago against a rugged Carl Thompson who should really have been stopped himself.

Who of note has Chisora stopped? It is also a 10 rounder, which if anything will only save Chisora from another 6 minutes of punishment.

I'm desperate to hear from somebody who thinks Del Boy will win on how they think he will do it? As your analysis that he did better against one Klitschko than Haye did against the other seems absolutely idiotic. Don't tell me his chin will win the fight as well, Carl Froch has got a granite chin but he had no real answer for Andre Ward's speed and skills.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised to see Chisora picked.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Calvin View Post
                  This post started off badly when it only mentioned Haye had 1 defence. Ok Harrison wasn't much of a contest but it's still in the annuls. Also doesn't Nikolay Valuev count as a former champion defeated?

The post continues and I am generally in agreement with everything until bang, right at the end you plump for CHISORA by stoppage! You had spent half of the post pretty much saying how Haye had all the tools (speed, power and defence) to take out Del Boy and then that bombshell. You haven't given any reasoning why you think he will win except for saying he has got a good chin? Haye has only been stopped once when he punched himself out 8 years ago against a rugged Carl Thompson who should really have been stopped himself.

Who of note has Chisora stopped? It is also a 10 rounder, which if anything will only save Chisora from another 6 minutes of punishment.

I'm desperate to hear from somebody who thinks Del Boy will win on how they think he will do it? As your analysis that he did better against one Klitschko than Haye did against the other seems absolutely idiotic. Don't tell me his chin will win the fight as well, Carl Froch has got a granite chin but he had no real answer for Andre Ward's speed and skills.
                  The errors were caught and I submitted requests to fix. Just simple human error and rush work.

Comment

If Haye goes 'toe to toe' something shall get broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X