Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: After Losing, I Never Complained Like Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you jump at boxer's statements so quick and with excessive anger. If you think he lost or is a sore loser, there's no need to keep letting your temperature rise. Insecure?

Anyway, being in his position, I'm sure a lot of you would be 3x times the complainers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
      Floyd basically abandoned you guys, yet you're taking it on somebody else instead of him. He's your problem, he doesn't want to fight. He could have been there in the ring instead of JMM. And you're still on his d1ck as if he's your lover or something. Hate is useless if it's directed towards the wrong person.
      i am? Wow! And here i was happy that boxing will be on. So glad there are posters like you who seem to know us on a personal level. And by the way hate is useless no matter the situation but your true simple minded view of life just showed its ugly head.

Comment

very impressed at the way pac handled it.....it's very easy for anyone to get mad after getting robbed like he did, but he just laughed it off and moved on (aka he took the high ground). also imo pac did the right thing in not rematching bradley because there was nothing close in that fight at all and there was no question to who really won that fight. marquez is a much much better and more deserving opponent than bradley. now bradley is left with no one to tango with and has become pretty irrelevant after "beating" pac. good riddance....

Comment

In boxing there are three judges to score the bout in case it goes the full route. Of course, there are judges who are biased to one boxer and that's why there are split decisions. A boxer who loses the bout should learn to live with it. No amount of belly-aching would change the outcome of a bout after the 3 judges have rendered their decisions.

Comment

Pac does not complain because his english is not that good to go in front of the commission board ,he whines to his team and he has Freddy Roach make all the complaints with added cuss words...

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=2297029
              Although Erik Morales won a close unanimous decision against Manny Pacquiao in March in one of the most action-packed fights of 2005, Pacquiao believed there would have been a different outcome had he been allowed to wear the brand of gloves he normally dons.

He prefers Reyes gloves, the Mexican-made brand with a reputation as a puncher's glove because the padding is distributed in such a way that the fighter's fist is not nearly as padded as it is in other brands.

Pacquiao (40-3-2, 31 KOs) has suggested that, had he been allowed to wear them, he would have knocked out Morales.

Japanese-made Winning brand gloves have the bulk of their padding near the fist, and Morales (48-3, 34 KOs) -- with a history of brittle hands -- prefers them.

However, before their March fight, Pacquiao's former promoter, Murad Muhammad, negotiated away Pacquiao's right to pick the brand of gloves he wanted to wear and gave Morales the choice. He picked Winning, which Pacquiao and trainer Freddie Roach later called "pillows."

With the junior lightweight stars poised to meet in a 12-round rematch dubbed "The Battle" on Saturday night (HBO PPV, 9 ET) at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, the question of which gloves the fighters will wear has been settled, right?

Sort of.

The rematch contract allows each fighter to pick his own brand, and Pacquiao is all set to return to Reyes gloves, which helped him become one of the most devastating punchers in the lighter weight divisions.

"It was a distraction, and it was my first time using Winning gloves," Pacquiao said of the first fight. "I am very happy right now that I can use Reyes."

THE BATTLE
              HBO PPV Saturday 9 p.m. ET
              Thomas & Mack Center
              Las Vegas

• Junior lightweights: Erik Morales (48-3, 34 KOs) vs. Manny Pacquiao (40-3-2, 31 KOs), rematch, 12 rounds
              • HBO PPV Tale O' The Tape
              • Junior bantamweights: Martin Castillo (29-1, 16 KOs) vs. Alexander Munoz (28-1, 26 KOs), rematch, 12 rounds, for Castillo's title
              • Middleweights: Jose Luis Zertuche (17-2-2, 13 KOs) vs. Marcos Primera (19-12-2, 12 KOs), 10 rounds
              • Featherweights: Juan Manuel Lopez (8-0, 8 KOs) vs. Jose Luis Caro (10-3-1, 9 KOs), 6 rounds

Roach, too, is happy Pacquiao will be back in the brand he is comfortable wearing.

"The Winning gloves, they are like pillows," Roach said. "They are not puncher's gloves, so they definitely have some effect on the punching power. And you know I think we will be much more comfortable going into the fight with the gloves we choose, and you know it will be one less distraction."

"We don't care what gloves Pacquiao wears," said Fernando Beltran, Morales' co-promoter. "He can wear anything he likes."

Morales' glove situation is not as settled as Pacquiao's.

Although it would figure that Morales would opt for Winning again, he has been coy in the prefight buildup about which mitts he would wear. When asked directly which brand he would use, Morales was evasive.

“ The thing is for me to be physically ready, technically sound and be ready to give everyone a good effort. As long as people see a lot of leather, I don't think they care which names is on the gloves. ”
              — Erik Morales

"You know, I think the gloves are just a side issue," said Morales, who is coming off a shocking upset decision loss to Zahir Raheem, whom he met at lightweight in September.

"It is not really important. I am going to be wearing gloves when I go into the ring, whether it be Winning, whether it be Reyes. You know it doesn't matter. The thing is for me to be physically ready, technically sound and be ready to give everyone a good effort. As long as people see a lot of leather, I don't think they care which names is on the gloves."
              Does this count as complaining?

Comment

Pac haters once again proves they are the dumbest by all means! keep hating id1iots, el mamita will get robbed again and Pac will walk away smiling with his millions and all his sponsors behind him while you losers like el mamita will always be broke and abused hiding behind your computer besides, that's what really makes those *******s happys.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
                  Pac is a real man who's always excepting his losses like a real man he would never blame his tight socks,leg cramps,gambling problems,marriage problems on any of his losses
                  lol exactly, he even puts excuses after his wins

Comment

At least Marquez cares lol And he doesn't even have as much right as Pac did to bitch because 2 of the fights where so close im undecided if he won one if any, they so close in my view its either 2.0.1 for Pac or 1.1.1 even. Bradley fight was just one of those wtf moments in boxing we have seen a lot of lately.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                      jmm was the straight forward kind of guy, he says what he feel like saying. pac was the laidback type. that's the difference, imo

Comment

Working...
                      X